|Page (1) of 1 - 06/23/03||email article||print page|
Pinnacle Ships CineWave 4.0New version offers real-time effects, Final Cut Pro 4 support
CineWave 4 is built around Pinnacle's Targa Cine engine and adds new real-time video and audio capabilities for both standard-definition and high-definition projects. The new version is a software upgrade from earlier versions. According to Pinnacle, CineWave 4 will incorporate "dozens of new features, including expanded real-time effects in all popular formats, enhanced HD support, film support and increased audio handling capabilities." New features include:
- Support for real-time capture from both SD and HD sources at 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97 and 30 FPS into PhotoJPEG and DV, as well as CineOffline;
- Support for real-time effects for DV, PhotoJPEG, 8-, 10- and 16-bit uncompressed sources in the same timeline while maintaining video out;
- Real-time keyframeable time remap for slow motion and fast motion effects;
- Keyframeable real-time embedded moving alpha;
- Complementary support for Final Cut Pro 4's new multi-stream real-time effects;
- New high-precision 32-bit floating-point rendering with Final Cut Pro 4's HDR Image Processing and support for 16-bit RGBA rendering with Adobe After Effects;
- Real-time reverse telecine from 30 or 29.97 FPS video on capture to 24 and 23.976 FPS footage in both HD and SD formats;
- Support for real-time effects in 24 (or 23.976) FPS Standard Definition;
- Real-time HD (16:9) Pan and Scan downconvert with keyframeable controls to uncompressed SD (4:3) with simultaneous live SD and HD outputs;
- Support for up to eight tracks of audio out with Final Cut Pro 4;
- Support for Steinberg Nuendo;
- Targa Cine Pro Codec for PC platforms.
CineWave 4 for Mac OS X sells for $3,995, with upgrades running $295. For more information, visit http://www.pinnaclesys.com/cinewave.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Pinnacle Ships CineWave 4.0
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved