|Page (1) of 1 - 09/12/03||email article||print page|
Pinnacle Brings CineWave 4 to Mac G5New update also offers enhanced PAL support
According to Pinnacle, CineWave 4.0.1 offers "full support" for G5 systems and also adds enhanced support for PAL video and up to five real-time uncompressed tracks (three video, two graphics with alpha). This includes support for any combination of 8-, 10- and 16-bit uncompressed formats, as well as Photo-JPEG, DV25 and DV50, Apple LiveType, Animation and RGBA sources in the same timeline. Other features include:
- Support for Apple's RT Extreme;
- Real-time HD 16:9 pan and scan downconversion with keyframeable controls to uncompressed SD (4:3) with simultaneous live SD and HD outputs;
- 32-bit floating point rendering with FCP's HDR Image Processing, as well as Adobe After Effects' "trillions of colors" RGBA rendering;
- Real-time reverse telecine from 30 FPS or 29.97 FPS to 24 FPS in HD and SD;
- Support for Steinberg Nuendo and eight tracks of audio;
- Cross-platform compatibility with CineWave codec for Windows-based systems.
CineWave 4.0.1 is available now as a free update to users of CIneWave 4. The full version runs $3,995, with upgrades from previous versions selling for $295. For more information, visit http://www.pinnaclesys.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Pinnacle Brings CineWave 4 to Mac G5
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved