|Page (1) of 1 - 08/31/06||email article||print page|
PhotoTiler Pro Plug-in for InDesign for Mac and Windows ShipsXChange International announce release of multi-platform plug-in (August 31, 2006)
XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the release of the new multi-platform, Adobe® InDesign® plug-in PhotoTiler Pro. PhotoTiler Pro is the easiest way to load multiple images into InDesign. PhotoTiler loads and labels images automatically and provides for batch loading of many images automatically. Adjust margins, number of cells, spacing, rules, autoscale and captioning for batch processing. The powerful plug-in lets users create customised image contact sheets for managing and viewing any group of images; or for full production work for photo albums, catalogues, yearbooks, ad magazines for cars, real estate, furniture or other image databases.
The PhotoTiler Pro plug-in can be used to automatically create a multi-page InDesign document containing entire folders full of digital images. Digital photographers can quickly and easily prepare proof sheets for portraits or weddings.
With PhotoTiler Pro, InDesign can be used to easily create documents or pages containing many pictures arranged in a regular row and column format. The process is simple. Users simply set up PhotoTiler Pro by telling it which format what pictures are required and the plug-in does the rest automatically. PhotoTiler Pro doesn’t modify the original image files in any way, but simply instructs InDesign to “Place”, “Scale”, and “Crop” each image automatically, as if users were doing it manually within InDesign. PhotoTiler Pro consumes less than 1.5 MB of disk space after installation.
Users have many options over the image placement process and can adjust:
• What image files are included in their batch
• The number of rows and columns per page
• The size of each photo “cell”
• The horizontal and vertical “gap” between rows and columns
• Import text blocks associated with images
• Flow around existing page elements during the layout process
• Whether a border is produced for each photo and its thickness and colour
• Whether photos are scaled to “just-fill” or scaled and cropped to “completely-fill” their respective cell
• Whether each photo is identified with a text galley containing the name of the file
• Whether the text galley contains the filename extension or not, and whether it should include the file’s “full path”
• What the position of the text galley should be on the page and what the typographic parameters for it are (font, size, and alignment)
• Whether any extra crop is desired to “trim” the edges of images
• Whether errors should be logged to a log file and processing continue automatically
• Whether PhotoTiler Pro should stop and ask for assistance if an InDesign import error should occur while processing images
• Whether errors should leave “empty cells” in the output or if the next valid image should be used to automatically fill up the page
Once users have selected a batch of images for processing, the main PhotoTiler Pro dialogue helps by reporting the number of photos per page, the number of photos in a batch, and the number of total pages which will be needed to place all of the images that have been selected. Users can modify their template settings to create as many or as few pages as they desire.
Windows 98/ME/2000/XP or Mac OS X
Adobe InDesign CS/CS2
PhotoTiler Pro is available now through XChange International for $79.00 (£45.00). To order, or for more information, users can visit www.xchangeuk.com, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours. Email address is [email protected].
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension® technology; Adobe InDesign®, Acrobat® and Photoshop® Plug-ins® and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London and also offer specialist training on many of the solutions they sell.
Related Keywords:image plug-in contact sheet indesign digital proof catalog