|Page (1) of 1 - 04/17/12||email article||print page|
Personalized Workbench App Empowers EngineersNXP Semiconductors Launches Latest Mobile App: 'Tech bench' (April 17, 2012)
EINDHOVEN, THE NETHERLANDS -- (Marketwire) -- 04/17/12 -- Starting today engineers can more easily browse, store and link products to projects using NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s (NASDAQ: NXPI) newest mobile app -- 'Tech bench.' Tech bench is an intuitive, feature-rich iPad app allowing engineers to access NXP's full product portfolio; to collect datasheets, application notes and quality information; and to 'drag and drop' product or application data in self-defined project sections. The app allows users to create a personalized workbench to cluster their engineering projects which can then be shared via email or social media channels.
The 'Tech bench' app is the latest addition to NXP's digital marketing ecosystem, designed to bring technical design information to the fingertips of engineers all over the world, 24/7. This new app complements our popular iPhone®, Android and Windows apps for smartphones.
Key features of Tech bench:
- Provides instant access to data on over 10,000 NXP products and applications
- Create personalized project sections and cluster documents within dedicated projects
- Easily drag and drop favorite product or application information into projects
- Share entire projects and details via email or social media channels
- Buy products via NXP's extensive distribution channel
- "NXP's mobile apps are an outstanding example of a highly creative use of new technologies to enable open innovation. In our industry it's critical to stay ahead of the curve, not only with the products we create but in the way we create them," said Richard Dasher, director of the US-Asia Technology Management Center at Stanford University.
- "The NXP Tech bench iPad app is, to the best of my knowledge, the first to leverage the power and convenience of tablets such as the iPad in a B2B context. The app offers rich possibilities for users in curating products, applications and documents for their projects, with the added convenience of purchase and, more importantly, sharing information through email and social media. To me this is a great and important step in B2B marketing/commerce," said Baba Shiv, Sanwa Bank Ltd, professor of marketing and director of the Strategic Marketing Management Executive Program at Stanford University.
- "The new NXP Tech bench is a must have app for engineers. I'm into a number of projects myself and for me it's the perfect solution for the job. Compliments for giving me my favourite tech app," said Urvish Soni, design engineer at the Indian Space Research Organization.
- "We're proud to have once again developed and delivered a killer app for the engineer which genuinely helps them to do their job better. Tech bench allows instant access to the technical data our customers need for their design decisions and includes a variety of features that makes it easier than ever to collaborate and share ideas with colleagues and peers. With our popular iPhone, Android and Windows apps for smartphones already setting the gold standard for mobility within the semiconductor industry, NXP is once again making it easy to innovate and design with our products," said Sander Arts, vice president, marketing and communications at NXP Semiconductors.
- Latest information on the iPad Tech bench app and other mobile apps from NXP: http://www.nxp.com/news/mobile-app
- The NXP Tech bench app can be downloaded here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tech-bench/id513197071?mt=8
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 25 countries, NXP posted revenue of $4.2 billion in 2011. Additional information can be found by visiting www.nxp.com.
This document includes forward-looking statements which include statements regarding NXP's business strategy, financial condition, results of operations, and market data, as well as any other statements which are not historical facts. By their nature, forward-looking statements are subject to numerous factors, risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes and results to be materially different from those projected. These factors, risks and uncertainties include the following: market demand and semiconductor industry conditions; the ability to successfully introduce new technologies and products; the end-market demand for the goods into which NXP's products are incorporated; the ability to generate sufficient cash, raise sufficient capital or refinance corporate debt at or before maturity; the ability to meet the combination of corporate debt service, research and development and capital investment requirements; the ability to accurately estimate demand and match manufacturing production capacity accordingly or obtain supplies from third-party producers; the access to production capacity from third-party outsourcing partners; any events that might affect third-party business partners or NXP's relationship with them; the ability to secure adequate and timely supply of equipment and materials from suppliers; the ability to avoid operational problems and product defects and, if such issues were to arise, to correct them quickly; the ability to form strategic partnerships and joint ventures and to successfully cooperate with alliance partners; the ability to win competitive bid selection processes to develop products for use in customers' equipment and products; the ability to successfully establish a brand identity; the ability to successfully hire and retain key management and senior product architects; and, the ability to maintain good relationships with our suppliers. In addition, this document contains information concerning the semiconductor industry and NXP's business segments generally, which is forward-looking in nature and is based on a variety of assumptions regarding the ways in which the semiconductor industry, NXP's market segments and product areas may develop. NXP has based these assumptions on information currently available, if any one or more of these assumptions turn out to be incorrect, actual market results may differ from those predicted. While NXP does not know what impact any such differences may have on its business, if there are such differences, its future results of operations and its financial condition could be materially adversely affected. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak to results only as of the date the statements were made. Except for any ongoing obligation to disclose material information as required by the United States federal securities laws, NXP does not have any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements after we distribute this document, whether to reflect any future events or circumstances or otherwise. For a discussion of potential risks and uncertainties, please refer to the risk factors listed in our SEC filings. Copies of our SEC filings are available from on our Investor Relations website, www.nxp.com/investor or from the SEC website, www.sec.gov.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1951760
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1951763
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1951766
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: tech bench, ipad, app, stanford, work bench, Communications, Digital Audio, Web, Smart Phone, iPods, iphone, iPad, Applications, Security, Research, EMail, Social Media, USA, Marketwire, , Apple Computer, Financial, Gold, Engineering, Business, Email, Other,