|Page (1) of 1 - 03/09/06||email article||print page|
Perle Systems to Offer IPv6 Support and RoHS Compliance for Complete Range of IOLAN Products(March 09, 2006)
According to Al Davies, Director of Product Marketing at Perle Systems, "This represents an important advance in helping users better manage today's evolving enterprise networks. With this latest expansion of the IOLAN line, we now offer customers the most advanced and robust feature sets for highly reliable serial applications of any size. The built-in support for IPv6, along with the most comprehensive range of standard authentication methods and encryption technologies available -- including AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) -- means Perle provides the best investment for serial-to-Ethernet connectivity."
Perle's IOLAN range for Terminal Server applications enables companies to easily connect devices with an RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 serial interface to Ethernet LANs for access to network server applications.
In a Console Server application, Perle's IOLAN provides the highest standards of secure remote access to, and management of, servers and network devices. It is the only product on the market that allows IT professionals and network operations center (NOC) personnel to enjoy all of the advanced security functionality needed to easily perform secure remote data center management and out-of-band management of IT assets from anywhere in the world.
As Device Servers, Perle IOLANs quickly and easily Web or network-enable existing equipment with RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 serial interfaces, making it easy to remotely control, monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot equipment over a network or the Internet.
Advanced functionality across the Perle IOLAN range includes:
- IPv6 support - the first and only terminal servers to be fully IPv6 compliant
- The first products to offer built-in dual 10/100/1000 Ethernet support
- RoHS and WEEE Compliance
- 400 Mhz, 750 MIPS, 32-bit processors with integrated hardware encryption processor for the best performance on the market
- Plug & Play installation utility that eliminates configuration complexities for all IOLAN Terminal Servers on an IP network.
- Secure AES(256/192/128), 3DES, Blowfish, CAST128, ARCFOUR or ARCTWO data encryption across the LAN via SSH and SSL
- Advanced user authentication via RADIUS, TACACS+, LDAP, Kerberos, NIS and RSA
- Advanced event management using Port buffering, Syslog, SNMP V3 and email event notification
- Advanced management capabilities via a Windows(R) DeviceManager, HTTP, HTTPS/SSL/TLS, SSH and Telnet
- Routing protocols including PPP, SLIP/CSLIP, CIDR RIPV2, RIPV1
- 15 KV ESD protection provides protection against electrostatic discharges and power surges
- Perle's exclusive Lifetime Warranty
Perle Systems is a leading developer, manufacturer and vendor of high-reliability and richly featured serial connectivity products. These products are used to connect remote users reliably and securely to central servers for a wide variety of business applications. Product lines include terminal servers, device servers, console servers, serial cards, USB to serial adapters and remote access products. Perle distinguishes itself through extensive network connectivity technology, depth of experience in major real-world network environments and long-term distribution and VAR channel relationships in major world markets. Perle has offices and representative offices in 11 countries in North America, Europe and Asia and sells its products through distribution and OEM/ODE channels worldwide. For information, visit www.perle.com.
Related Keywords:ipv6, perle, terminal, console, device server, ethernet, interface, hardware, aes
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved