|Page (1) of 1 - 06/05/12||email article||print page|
Percona Demonstrates MySQL Industry Leadership With New Product and Service Offerings, Sales and Technology Partnerships, Conference Initiatives, and Explosive Growth(June 05, 2012)
PLEASANTON, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/05/12 -- Percona, Inc., the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, today highlighted its increasing momentum in the first half of 2012. Percona has continued to demonstrate MySQL industry leadership by releasing breakthrough and enhanced products and services, creating key sales and technology partnerships, advancing MySQL development and education via its acclaimed Percona Live Conferences, and demonstrating explosive growth in its Percona Support sales and overall customer base.
- Percona now includes a subscription to New Relic's application monitoring tool with its Gold and Platinum Support contracts in order to provide customers with 24x7 app performance data, deep insight into how the application is using MySQL, proactive notifications and code-level visibility.
- Percona Support has experienced explosive growth with bookings in the first five months of 2012 exceeding Support bookings during all of 2011.
- Percona grew total customers in the first half of 2012 to over 1,400, including hundreds of new, high-profile MySQL users from around the globe. The company has grown to nearly 70 employees located around the world.
- Zend Technologies Ltd. selected Percona to maintain and support Zend DBi, the drop-in replacement for MySQL on the IBM i platform. The move ensures that companies that have standardized on IBM i can make a seamless transition to a feature-rich, fully supported, and open source alternative MySQL solution.
- FirstServer, Inc., a leading web hosting company in Japan and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Yahoo! JAPAN Corporation, now includes a Percona-branded version of Percona Server as an option for FirstServer's Z Cloud service.
- The first annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo was hailed by attendees as one of the "best MySQL events in years." Attended by more than 1,000 participants, the three-day conference featured sponsors and speakers from some of the world's most admired brands, with Diamond Sponsors that included HP, Amazon Web Services, McAfee, Clustrix, and Akiban, and additional sponsors Craigslist, Facebook, Google, and many more. The expanded 2013 conference will feature four days of sessions and tutorials. Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2013 will be April 22-25, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center.
- In addition to the annual conference, Percona engages and educates the MySQL community through its regional Percona Live Conferences, a series of intensive MySQL summits focused on the core topics needed for success with MySQL. Speaker selection is underway for Percona Live New York 2012, scheduled to take place Oct. 1-2, 2012 at Sentry Centers, 730 Third Avenue in New York City. The 2012 conference agenda will be announced in early summer. The dates and location for Percona Live London 2012 will also be announced in early summer.
- Percona introduced Percona XtraDB Cluster, a new approach to high availability MySQL. A breakthrough MySQL technology, Percona XtraDB Cluster is a unique, free, open source MySQL solution that uses the Codership Galera replication library -- providing high performance, synchronous, multi-master replication -- to guarantee data consistency.
- Percona released Percona XtraBackup 2.0, the latest release of the company's open source hot backup solution for MySQL and Percona Server. The new version offers parallel compression and streaming incremental backups to increase backup performance.
- Percona announced the availability of Percona Toolkit 2.1, the latest release of the company's open source administration tools for MySQL and Percona Server.
Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO for Percona, Inc.
"Percona is committed to providing comprehensive MySQL services, open source software, and highly engaging industry conferences. What drives us is helping professionals achieve success with MySQL and ensuring that it remains a dominant technology solution for years to come. The Percona team has worked extremely effectively as demonstrated by our success in the first half of the year. And we are gratified by the overwhelmingly positive response to our conferences. I am extremely proud of our team's accomplishments and am excited about the remainder of 2012 and beyond."
About Percona, Inc.
Percona, Inc. has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 1,400 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006. Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, consulting, training, and development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC. Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server and Percona XtraBackup, the only open source, hot backup utility for the InnoDB storage engine. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona® and XtraBackup® are registered trademarks of Percona, Inc. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
(888) 401-3401 Ext. 555
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Percona, MySQL, database, Codership, Zend, New Relic, XtraDB Cluster , Broadcast, Streaming, Internet Media, Japan, Marketwire, Inc., HP, Gold, Internet Technology, Other,