|Page (1) of 1 - 04/11/12||email article||print page|
Pentaho Business Analytics Recognized by Top Analyst FirmsRecent Industry Reports Highlight Key Pentaho Benefits for Big Data, OEM and Enterprise Users (April 11, 2012)
ORLANDO, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 04/11/12 -- Delivering the future of business analytics, Pentaho Corporation has been recognized by several top industry analyst firms for its unified data integration and business intelligence capabilities integrated into a single modern, highly embeddable platform.
Comprehensive research carried out by many independent analysts firms found the Pentaho Business Analytics suite to compete favorably on cost, functionality, ease-of-use, and performance for big data, OEM and enterprise users. New in-depth reviews of Pentaho Business Analytics appear in the following reports:
- Ovum Decision Matrix for Business Intelligence;
- Forrester Wave: Enterprise Hadoop Solutions;
- Passionned 2012 Business Intelligence Tools Survey; and
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for BI Platforms.
Highlights from 2012 analyst reports:
- Pentaho is the only open source company featured in Ovum's recently published Ovum Decision Matrix for Business Intelligence 2011/2012. Ovum recognized Pentaho's strong momentum over the past five years and the credibility of its technology in the market. In the report, Pentaho scored well for service capabilities, service levels and financial stability. "Pentaho is one of the few vendors that provide a direct integration into Hadoop and other NoSQL databases, allowing users to report, analyze, and visualize NoSQL data alongside traditional data sources," wrote analyst Surya Mukherjee from Ovum.
- Forrester recognized Pentaho as the sole "Strong Performer" in the Forrester Wave: Enterprise Hadoop Solutions Q1 2012 report, with analyst James Kobielus writing, "Pentaho provides an impressive Hadoop data integration tool." Pentaho was cited for its rich functionality and extensive integration with Apache Hadoop, and for providing certified integration with distributions from Amazon, Cloudera, EMC Greenplum, MapR and Hortonworks distributions of Hadoop.
- Passionned's 2012 Business Intelligence Tools Survey highlighted the completeness of the Pentaho product suite compared to other vendors, as well as Pentaho's significant cost-saving by pricing products per deployment, not per-user. Pentaho scored favorably on 103 critical business selection criteria -- including key features like usability and visualization -- and earned Passionned's recommendation as a complete enterprise solution.
- Pentaho was included in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms. The report, published on February 6, 2012, offers the analyst firm's insights on business intelligence vendors who meet an inclusion threshold based on annual sales, capabilities, and customer survey responses.
Quotes and Multimedia
"One after another, industry analysts are recognizing the excellence and value of the Pentaho Business Analytics," said Quentin Gallivan, CEO, Pentaho Corporation. "Whether our customers deploy Pentaho for big data integration, embed Pentaho as their analytics engine, or deploy Pentaho as their enterprise business analytics solution, all are taking advantage of our unrivaled, end-to-end business analytics platform."
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho is delivering the future of business analytics. Pentaho's open source heritage drives our continued innovation in a modern, integrated, embeddable platform built for the future of analytics, including diverse and big data requirements. Powerful business analytics are made easy with Pentaho's cost-effective suite for data access, visualization, integration, analysis and mining. For a free evaluation, download Pentaho Business Analytics at www.pentaho.com/get-started.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Ovum, Forrester, Passionned, Gartner, big data, OEM, analytics, business analytics, data integration, Marketwire, , Financial, Business, Other,