|Page (1) of 1 - 05/02/11||email article||print page|
Pearson Supports Advanced Placement Summer Institute Training for Teachers(May 02, 2011)
New York, NY (PRWEB) May 02, 2011
Advanced Placement Summer Institutes, sponsored by the College Board, provide training for educators so they in turn can help students to master essential AP and college and career readiness skills, and acquire college credits while still in high school. Pearson, the market leader in AP* program offerings, will supply a variety of complimentary print and digital resources in support of these workshops, as part of its continuing efforts to increase the number of qualified AP teachers and to prepare students for success in the classroom and in life. The Institutes are held from June 6 through mid-August at colleges, universities, and high school classrooms throughout the county.
Among the educational resources offered by Pearson are MyLabs/Mastering digital programs, including a number of 2011 SIIA CODiE Award finalists:
- MyReadingLab (Best Reading/English Instructional Solution)
- MyWorld Geography (Best Social Sciences Instructional Solution)
- MyMathLab Algebra I and II (Best Mathematics Instructional Solution)
- MyLiteratureLab (Best Postsecondary Instructional Solution)
Pearsons MyLabs/Mastering systems, proven to dramatically improve student achievement, provide online homework, multimedia tutorials, and skills remediation to offer students a personalized learning experience to prepare them for the rigors of the AP exam.
Pearsons eTexts are available as standalone resources and through free eText apps for the Apple iPad, which presents digital content in the same high resolution format as on a computer and which matches the print content. Students can easily add their own personalization (notes, highlights, bookmarks) while working on their iPads and then access it on a Mac or PC.
Print materials being offered this summer include new customized editions aligned to AP course standards. These resources provide instructional support specific to the AP test such as exam-taking strategies, practice exams, and study guides. Titles include:
- Campbell, Biology 9e AP Edition (available as eText)
- Roberts, Literature: An Introduction to Reading and Writing 2e AP Edition
- Powell, Comparative Politics Today: A World View, 10e AP Edition
- Finney, Demana, Waits, Kennedy, Calculus: Graphical, Numerical, Algebraic, 4e (available as eText)
Pearson is committed to providing innovative, integrated learning solutions that help students connect to content, experience learning in personalized, engaging ways, and understand and apply their knowledge, said Rick Culp, Executive Vice President, Sales, Pearson School. We are excited to offer these proven education resources in the name of increasing opportunities and accessibility for all students.
For more information about Pearsons complimentary textbook/digital courseware program for AP workshops visit:
- AP is a registered trademark of The College Board which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, these products.
Pearson, the worlds leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business and consumer publishing (NYSE: PSO).
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/5/prweb8367291.htm.
Related Keywords:education, adult education, further education, religious education