|Page (1) of 1 - 05/08/12||email article||print page|
Panzura Reports Accelerated Growth and Strong Market Trajectory in 2012Leading Provider of Global Cloud Storage Solutions Named Finalist for Best of Interop 2012; Cites Industry Accolades, Aggressive Growth and Broad Enterprise Adoption as Early Success Indicators (May 08, 2012)
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 05/08/12 -- From the Interop Expo in Las Vegas, Panzura, a leading provider of global cloud storage solutions, reported today that it is experiencing accelerating year-over-year growth and strong market uptake within the Fortune Global 5000. Buoyed by a strong finish in 2011, the company revealed it has received strong interest and broad enterprise adoption of its Global Cloud Storage System in 2012, with record revenue in Q1 and April revenue that exceeded Q1 revenue. The company simultaneously announced that it was selected as a finalist for the "Best of Interop," recognizing new releases of its Quicksilver Cloud Storage Controllers and Panzura Operating System (PZOS), two core components of its popular cloud storage system. The Panzura Global Cloud Storage System offers native cloud integration that makes cloud storage feel and operate like local NAS, with enterprise class features such as a fully-encrypted global file system and a hardened, performance-oriented architecture. The new product updates were unveiled concurrently at Interop, the topic of a separate announcement today.
"Panzura has developed a new storage paradigm that could transform data management strategies by putting enterprise NAS capabilities into its cloud onramp appliances. The new features of Panzura 3.0 expand the scalability and performance of the platform and fortify its position as an enterprise onramp to private and public cloud storage," said Henry Baltazar, Senior Analyst at 451 Research. "The rapid growth of unstructured data and the desire to make this content available to a globally distributed workforce are two major problems for organizations, which Panzura's global deduplication and file locking technologies can potentially address."
Breakthrough Cloud-integrated Enterprise Storage Solution
The Panzura Global Cloud Storage System -- comprised of the Quicksilver Cloud Storage Controller, Panzura OS (PZOS), and Panzura CloudFS File System -- is the first to bring advanced NAS capabilities to a distributed, cloud-integrated storage tier. Organizations leverage Panzura to enable users to view any file, anywhere, anytime, from any location with the security of military-grade encryption and distributed file locking. Panzura's unified namespace allows organizations to scale out to additional sites at the core or edge of the network as needed, with those sites instantly gaining visibility and access to files stored across all other sites. All capabilities provide multi-Gbps throughput and extended local caching and pinning capability supporting multi-petabyte storage in the cloud.
The company cited several indicators for accelerated growth and market success, including:
Strong Market Traction and Revenue Growth
- Widespread adoption and deployment of the Panzura Global Cloud Storage Systems has yielded record revenue in Q1, with Q2 sales already exceeding the previous quarter by 50% after less than a month due to a number of new deals.
- Panzura continues to experience robust traction within global enterprise companies including large organizations and institutions. Over half of its customers are among the Fortune Global 5000 and are large enterprise organizations with multi-billion dollar annual revenues.
- After an aggressive Q1 growth period, customer data under management with the Panzura Global Cloud Storage System now ranges from 100s of TBs to multiple PBs in the cloud. To support this range, Panzura achieved a new standard in LAN throughput at >10 gigabits across sites, with WAN throughput aggregating to multiple gigabit-per-second levels of performance.
Broad Enterprise Adoption in the Fortune Global 5000 and Beyond
A significant number of Fortune Global 5000 companies have recently deployed Panzura's cloud storage and file sharing solutions for a variety of enterprise applications, among them:
- A world-leading financial services company utilizes Panzura for multiple use cases, including cloud-integrated NAS, active archiving and backup (including Symantec NetBackup and Oracle database dumps).
- One of the world's leading media and entertainment companies leverages Panzura for archiving, as well as global sharing and collaboration for its multimedia assets.
- A leading integrated energy conglomerate uses Panzura to store its global stores of seismic data in the cloud.
- The world's leading space research and exploration institution leverages Panzura to archive data from Mars missions.
- A major California university archives multiple petabytes of Holocaust videos.
- A leading global interactive entertainment software company uses Panzura to facilitate sharing of its software development projects with its distributed offices and employees, across multiple geographic locations.
- A large software development vendor maintains worldwide distribution of large product demos to power its globally distributed salesforce.
- FINALIST: Red Herring North America 100. Panzura has been identified as one of top technology companies in North America. Winners will be announced on May 23 in Los Angeles, California.
- FINALIST: Best of Interop Finalist: for sweeping updates to the core components of the Panzura Global Cloud Storage System: Quicksilver Cloud Storage Controllers and Panzura Operating System version 3.0 (PZOS 3.0). Winners will be announced this afternoon in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"The Best of Interop Awards are an indicator of the most innovative and exciting offerings available in the business technology marketplace, and this year's finalists have truly demonstrated their commitment to the industry," said Art Wittmann, Vice President and Director, InformationWeek Reports. "We want to applaud each of the participating companies for their advancements in technology and capturing the spirit of innovation."
"As enterprises steadily embrace the cloud to meet the workload demands of a distributed workforce, enterprise class Panzura Global Cloud Storage Systems address the documented concerns with adopting cloud storage while also eliminating the technical barriers to a truly global file system," said Randy Chou, CEO of Panzura. "We are excited to be named a Best of Interop finalist as this recognizes the significant lead we have in offering superior performance, scale and functionality in global enterprise cloud storage. The ability of Panzura solutions to meet the needs of a real-time economy, providing access to both global unstructured data growing exponentially and isolated islands of storage with superior data protection/archiving, DR and collaboration with minimal latency, enables enterprises to save time, increase global productivity and be more financially streamlined and efficient."
Panzura optimizes enterprise data storage management and distribution in the cloud, making cloud storage simple and secure. Panzura's revolutionary global cloud storage solution seamlessly combines the flexibility, performance, and productivity benefits of distributed storage with the manageability, security and cost benefits of centralized storage, overcoming fundamental "administrator vs. user" and "budget vs. performance" conflicts. With Panzura, data location no longer affects usage. Panzura: Cloud Storage Made Seamless. For more information, visit www.panzura.com, or email email@example.com.
Panzura, Quicksilver and PZOS are trademarks of Panzura, Inc. Any other trade names mentioned herein are recognized to be the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Bhava Communications for Panzura
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Panzura, Interop, cloud, storage, cloud integrated, file sharing, archiving, backup, Red Herring, global, Gaming, online game, Controller, Digital Media Software, Communications, Gaming, New Releases, PC Games, Sales, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Storage, Productivity Applications, Security, Database, Internet, Business Issues, Software Development, Cloud Computing, Services, Software, Misc, Database, Backup, Archiving, Security, Desktop Operating Systems, Other Applications, Other, Data Management, Other, Architecture, Security, Internet Server Applications, E-mail, Public cloud, Cloud storage, Management, Sales, CEO/CFO, Sales, Data Management, Business, Data Storage, Network (LAN), OS (Operating System), Storage, email, Marketwire, Inc., , IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Software Development, Interop Attendees, Financial, Appliances, Computer Science, Business, Entertainment, Email, Other,