|Page (1) of 1 - 04/25/03||email article||print page|
Panasonic Ships Microportable Projectors4.8-pound model offers XGA resolution, 1,600 ANSI lumens
The new PT-series models are LCD-based projectors offering light output of 1,600 ANSI lumens. The PT-LC76U has a resolution of 1,024 x 768 with a contrast ratio of 300:1, while the PT-LC56U has a resolution of 800 x 600 with a contrast ratio of 400:1. Both models has an Auto Set Up function that includes automatic keystone correction using a built-in sensor for determining the angle of the projector in relationship the the floor (up to 30 degrees). It also automatically adjusts the picture for phasing, dot clocks and vertical and horizontal position. An automatic signal detector function allows a user to connect a different computers during a presentation without any adjustment. Other features include:
- DUal RGB inputs;
- Short-throw lenses for projecting up to 34 feet wide at a distance of 4 feet;
- Selectable color temperature and image modes;
- Index Window, which allows any image in a presentation to be frozen, stored in memory and displayed on the left side of the screen, while display of subsequent images continues on the right;
- HDTV compatibility for 1080i and 720p images for 16:9 wide-aspect display;
- 480p, 480i and 625i component video signals and S-Video can be displayed in either 4:3 or 16:9;
- Compatibility with PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, SECAM, NTSC and M-NTSC;
- Dual power modes for viewing in Standard and Low Lamp for extending lamp life (2,000 hours standard, 3,000 hours in Low Lamp mode);
- 3x digital zoom and focus;
- Built-in 2-watt speaker;
- 30 dB operation;
- Advanced shutter function;
- DIscrete S-video and composite video inputs.
Both models are available now. The PT-LC56U sells for $1,599, while the PT-LC76U sells for $2,599. FOr more information, visit http://www.panasonic.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Panasonic Ships Microportable Projectors
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved