|Page (1) of 1 - 03/27/12||email article||print page|
Palisade Systems Announces Enhanced PacketSure Data Security Platform for Cost-Effective Approach to Improving Social Media and Mobile Data SecurityPatented Data Security Platform Delivers Granular Controls for Social Media Monitoring of Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Enhanced Malware and Anti-Virus Functionality, Expanded Web Filtering Categories and Transparent Proxy Support for HTTPS (March 27, 2012)
DES MOINES, IA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/27/12 -- Palisade Systems, an industry leader in the Data Security and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) markets, announced today the latest offering of their patented PacketSure Data Security Platform, version 9.0, that delivers the industry's most cost-effective approach to improving data security. Palisade System's suite of data security solutions incorporates web monitoring, data monitoring and DLP functionality to allow a phased approach for businesses of all types to improve their data security efforts.
Businesses can now easily secure sensitive and proprietary data, such as intellectual property, credit card, personal health and financial information with a single, easy to deploy solution. As a pioneer in web filtering, Palisade users can improve the productivity of employees by providing controlled access and use of social media channels, increased malware protection and monitor all data in use to fully understand what sensitive data is being used, by whom, and where data may be leaking from their network.
"Intellectual property and proprietary information continues to leak at an alarming rate, exposing enterprises to financial penalties, loss of business and loss of reputation," said Spencer Snedecor, CEO of Palisade Systems. "Our suite of data security solutions provides improved security, whether for the cloud, social networks, mobile, email or other enterprise solutions. Our customers can efficiently improve their data security efforts -- in less than an hour -- by discovering and monitoring data in use across their network."
The enhanced PacketSure Data Security Platform, version 9.0, delivers a robust set of new features and functionality, including:
- Granular controls for social media sites, including Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter
- Enhanced malware/anti-virus features based on file content for improved security
- New reports and alerts to support active malware detection
- Expanded list of web filtering categories to address malware, phishing and spyware issues
- Transparent support for HTTPS to enhance security
These features are found in the full suite of Palisade Systems' product offerings, which include:
- Palisade Web Monitor - to manage protocols, identify and filter out malware and to control user access to unproductive web sites.
- Palisade Data Monitor - to discover and monitor confidential data in use on your network and to secure information essential to your business.
- Palisade DLP - our award-winning data loss prevention (DLP) solution with complete data protection functionality in an all-in-one, simple solution, at a price you can afford.
- Palisade SDK - our Palisade DLP Software Development Kit (SDK) is a set of tools that allows for the integration of content analysis technology into other products, including cloud, social media and mobile devices.
According to Frank Green, VP of Networking for Bank Mutual, "We've been using Palisade data security technology for years now, and have found their products easy to use. We have 79 locations and use a single appliance to secure our data, monitor web traffic, satisfy compliance regulations and protect our customers' sensitive data. The latest release of the PacketSure tool set continues to grow to meet our increasing security needs."
The Palisade PacketSure Data Security Platform is a patented technology (6,044,402) that enables companies to identify information critical to their business, as well as enforce their data use and handling policies. The core of the Platform provides in-depth, proven content analysis and policy enforcement capabilities, including the ability to:
- Input, open, and extract text from files.
- Analyze content of files.
- Determine if any content matches critical sensitive data including PII, PFI, PHI, intellectual property, structured data, and custom policies.
- Produce an output file indicating the content types that were found, the number of matches, and the text that matched.
About Palisade Systems
Palisade Systems, Inc. is an industry leader in the Data Security and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) markets. Focused on delivering data security solutions for enterprises, Palisade's provides a phased approach to improved data security with Web Monitoring, Data Monitoring and DLP solutions based on Palisade's patented PacketSure Data Security Platform. This approach enables healthcare, financial, government and education organizations to monitor and secure sensitive and proprietary intellectual property from leaving data networks, defines and enforces access to internal network resources, and enforces compliance with federal privacy and industry security regulations such as HIPAA/HITECH, PCI DSS, SOX and GLBA. For more information visit http://palisadesystems.com or call 1.888.824.0720.
Palisade Systems, Inc.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: DLP, Data Loss Prevention, Data Security, Social Media Monitoring, Social Media Security, Cloud, Education, Security, Networking, Internet, Software Development, Security, Social Media, Tools, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Networking, Security, Software Development, Financial, Internet Technology, Computer Science, Business, Email, Other,