|Page (1) of 1 - 01/11/12||email article||print page|
PDI Finishes 2011 With Strong Power Distribution Market MomentumCompany Launches New Modular Data Center Line and Cloud-Based Power Monitoring While Racking Up Industry Accolades (January 11, 2012)
RICHMOND, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/11/12 -- Power Distribution, Inc. (PDI), providers of modular data centers and mission-critical power management and power distribution equipment for data centers, alternative energy, industrial, and commercial power markets, today underscored its strong 2011 market momentum. The company's notable progress is a direct result of its enhanced i-CON Modular Data Center offering as well as its new PowerMap software, a cloud-based power monitoring solution.
"Last year not only saw a considerable increase with regards to data storage and distribution, but also the corresponding need to properly manage energy requirements associated with running a growing portfolio of data centers," said PDI's Vice President of Marketing and Service, Dave Mulholland. "As the insatiable need for energy to power data centers in 2012 continues, we fully anticipate PDI being on the forefront of top companies sought after for power distribution, power management and modular data center needs."
Servicing the industry's power distribution needs in 2011, PDI launched several new product offerings that quickly captured the market's attention.
These innovations include:
- Enhanced i-CON Modular Data Center - The modular data center is built from a standard ISO shipping container and customized with the key attributes of a standard brick and mortar data center. New features announced in December 2011 include a low density offering (7.5 kw per cabinet and under) and a high density offering (above 7.5 kw per cabinet), with refrigerant and ECU-based cooling -- in self-contained, modular sizes of 10 ft, 20 ft, 40 ft and 53 ft versions.
- PDI PowerMap - The new software is a cloud-based offering that eliminates the need for handheld meters by automatically uploading individual circuit-based power stats and securing the information in the cloud. Additionally, users can access charts and graphs by mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptops to view phone-bill quality power consumption reports.
PDI's strong momentum captured significant attention in 2011 as the following organizations selected the company for notable industry accolades:
- Inc. 500/5000 - Ranked PDI as #1,796 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America.
- Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 - Ranked the company #300 out of the 500 fastest growing companies in North America -- due in part to its 286 percent growth.
- PDI's i-CON named a Finalist in Datacenter Dynamics 2011 Data Center Leaders Awards in the Most Extreme Data Center deployment category.
- RichTech 2011 Technology Stars Awards selected PDI as a winner of its 2011 Technology Stars Award in the Technology Builder category.
- PDI selected as a Red Herring Top 100 North America Tech Startup
- Network Products Guide, the industry's leading technology research and advisory guide, named PDI a Finalist in its 6th Annual 2011 Hot Companies and Best Products Awards program.
- PDI's i-CON Modular Data Center selected as a Finalist for the 3rd Annual 2011 Golden Bridge Awards in the category of Product Innovations in Information Technology - Data Centers.
In addition to the industry awards, PDI was also sought after for its power management/power distribution insights and invited to speak at various industry events including Datacenter Dynamics, Data Center World, 7x24 Exchange and Red Herring. Presentation topics included:
- Energy Utilization and Cost Trends
- Power Monitoring Techniques and Technology
- The Modular Distribution Market and Solutions
- Capital Efficiency
Learn more about PDI's innovative solutions at the following events:
- Teladata's Technology Convergence Conference (TCC), Santa Clara, CA on February 2, 2012. For more info, click here.
- Datacenter Dynamics, Atlanta, GA on February 23, 2012. Register here.
Read PDI's latest industry articles: Power Distribution Management - The Key to Increasing Data Center Efficiencies, Power to the People: Be Proactive When Meeting Power Distribution Needs and Building a Private Cloud? Don't Overlook the Power Implications. Or follow PDI on Twitter @PDICorp, Facebook and LinkedIn.
About Power Distribution, Inc.
Founded in 1978, PDI is a leading provider of power distribution equipment and services. PDI, part of Smiths Interconnect, is headquartered out of Virginia with additional manufacturing and engineering facilities in California and Michigan. The PDI, Marelco, and Onyx Power branded products cover a wide range of customized power solutions for data centers, wind, solar and other alternative energy, commercial, and industrial applications.
About Smiths Interconnect
Smiths Interconnect www.smithsinterconnect.com is a leader in technically differentiated electronic and radio frequency products that connect, protect and control critical systems for the wireless telecommunications, aerospace, defence, space, medical, rail, test and industrial markets. It is part of Smiths Group www.smiths.com, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 23,000 people in more than 50 countries.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1850832
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1850827
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: power distribution, Digital Media Software, Communications, Smart Phone, Manufacturing, Office Equipment, Applications, Distribution, Manufacturing/Production, Shipping & Receiving, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, Storage, Business Issues, Services, Software, Misc, Management, Pro AV, Post/Production, Management, Presentors, Management, Storage, Marketwire, Inc., , IT (Information Technology), Shipping, Medical Technology, Environmental Technology, Green Technology, Computer Science, Other,