|Page (1) of 1 - 02/15/12||email article||print page|
Overland Storage SnapServer Supports the Most Complete Plant TechDoc System at Procter and Gamble(February 15, 2012)
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/15/12 -- Overland Storage (NASDAQ: OVRL), the trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle, today announced that Procter and Gamble, a Global 500 consumer products company that includes brands such as Tide®, Duracell®, and Olay®, continues to experience significant cost savings with Overland Storage SnapServer NAS solutions utilized to support its Web-based technical documentation system. Through third party research done by TechValidate, Procter and Gamble reported that deployment of the SnapServer NAS solution has improved business process efficiency, reduced IT infrastructure costs and delivered faster performance.
"We started using our first SnapServer as a solution to store and run the first vendor CD-ROMs that appeared on the market. After the initial deployment, we began adding other technical documentation to it. Today we have three SnapServer N2000 systems that store 8TB, in addition to several SnapServer 410 models onsite. The Overland Storage SnapServers have grown to become the biggest server location to browse for active plant information and are the most complete plant TechDoc system in Procter and Gamble," said Erik Pauwels, Pringles engineering IT manager at Procter and Gamble.
Additionally, the TechValidate study discovered that Procter and Gamble has experienced additional benefits from the long term deployment of SnapServer NAS:
- Saved $4,000 - $5,000 in total cost of ownership with Overland SnapServer compared to other storage alternatives such as Dell, HP, NetApp or EMC (TVID: F71-94D-D4B)
- Microsoft Windows integration (Active Directory, VSS/VDS, MPIO, etc) is the most valuable innovative feature of the SnapServer (TVID: F71-94D-D4B)
- The ability to expand the shared storage data pool was an important purchasing consideration when selecting SnapServers (TVID: F71-94D-D4B)
"Procter and Gamble has confirmed what we have consistently heard from our customers -- SnapServers are cost effective, efficient solutions that stand the test of time," said Jillian Mansolf, VP global sales and marketing at Overland Storage. "The ability to grow with an organization and continue to provide business value through simplified data management and increased performance makes SnapServer NAS solutions an ideal choice for departmental storage requirements within large Global 500 companies."
Benefits of Overland Storage SnapServer NAS
- Available in the recently launched SnapServer DX, DynamicRAID is a new standards-based technology that delivers the ability to easily increase capacity, expand storage pools, create limitless volumes in seconds, grow and shrink storage volumes independently and optimize data protection levels -- all with zero downtime.
- Full flexibility with unified storage: seamlessly store both file-based and block-based data.
- Proven stability: best-in-class integration with Windows, UNIX/Linux and Macintosh.
- Complete data protection: replicate data to one or dozens of locations, take snapshots for point-in-time recovery, as well as perform backups to disk, VTL or tape.
About Overland Storage
Overland Storage is the trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle. By providing an integrated range of technologies and services for primary, nearline, offline, archival and cloud data storage, Overland makes it easy and cost effective to manage different tiers of information over time. Whether distributed data is across the hall or across the globe, Overland enables companies to focus on building their business instead of worrying about data growth. Overland SnapServer, SnapSAN, NEO Series and REO Series solutions are available through a select network of value added resellers and system integrators. For more information, visit http://www.overlandstorage.com.
Connect with Overland Storage:
Read the Overland blog: http://overlandstorage.com/blog
Follow Overland on Twitter: www.twitter.com/OverlandStorage
Visit Overland on Facebook: www.facebook.com/OverlandStorage
Overland Storage, SnapServer, SnapSAN, NEO, REO and the Overland logo are trademarks Overland Storage, Inc., that may be registered in some jurisdictions. All other trademarks used are owned by their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: data management, data protection solutions, data lifecycle, Data Management,Prosumer/Consumer,Business,Tape,Data Storage,Marketing,Storage,Mac,Marketwire, Inc., ,HP,Business,Other,