|Page (1) of 1 - 09/14/11||email article||print page|
Overland Storage Customers Report Significant Cost Savings Over Other Vendors and Improved Operational Efficiency of Their IT Environment With Deployment of SnapServer NAS(September 14, 2011)
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 09/14/11 -- Overland Storage (NASDAQ: OVRL), the trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle, today released results of independent, third-party research indicating that customers who deployed an Overland Storage SnapServer NAS solution improved the operational efficiency of their IT environment and gained significant cost savings. TechValidate, an independent research organization, conducted a survey of Overland Storage SnapServer customers to collect quantitative and qualitative data on user experience, product efficiency and business benefits.
The TechValidate research found that nearly half of organizations chose the SnapServer solution by Overland Storage due to its cost effectiveness, and the majority of these have achieved significant cost savings:
- 48% of IT organizations bought their Overland Storage SnapServer to reduce storage costs (source: TechValidate. TVID: 4AE-CF4-2C8)
- 55% of IT organizations saved $3,000 to $5,000 or more with Overland Storage SnapServer compared to other storage alternatives such as Dell, HP, NetApp or EMC (source: TechValidate. TVID: D85-700-F80)
Additionally, the study captured how SnapServer is improving and simplifying IT environments for individual customers. For example:
- A small business construction company reported that the Overland Storage SnapServer changed their server management from a daily task to a weekly or monthly task (source: TechValidate. TVID: ACA-A77-800)
- An aerospace and defense company completed an aggressive three-year project on schedule and consolidated data from more than 180 offices to one central location utilizing the SnapServer (source: TechValidate. TVID: AA5-E57-B9D)
- A local or state government agency reported that the Overland Storage SnapServer made the replacement of its utility storage a very simple and quick process that would have normally taken an extended period of time (source: TechValidate: TVID: E93-099-603)
- A small business computer software company was able to introduce virtualization at a lower cost without a reduction in performance with the deployment of an Overland Storage SnapServer solution (source: TechValidate: TVID: 580-418-26B)
"The TechValidate data illustrates what we've been hearing from partners and customers in the global data storage marketplace for years: SnapServers are powerful, cost efficient solutions that deliver significant business value to organizations by simplifying data management," said Jillian Mansolf, VP global sales and marketing at Overland Storage. "With the SnapServer line of NAS products, customers around the world are empowered to build the IT environment that moves their business forward -- easily, securely and cost effectively while maintaining business class performance."
Benefits of Overland Storage SnapServer NAS
- Full flexibility with unified storage: Seamlessly store both file-based and block-based data
- Proven stability: Best-in-class integration with Windows, UNIX/Linux and Macintosh environments
- Complete data protection: Replicate data to one or dozens of locations, take snapshots for point-in-time recovery as well as perform backups to disk, VTL or tape
About Overland Storage
Overland Storage is the trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle. By providing an integrated range of technologies and services for primary, nearline, offline, archival and cloud data storage, Overland makes it easy and cost effective to manage different tiers of information over time. Whether distributed data is across the hall or across the globe, Overland enables companies to focus on building their business instead of worrying about data growth. Overland SnapServer, SnapSAN, NEO Series and REO Series solutions are available through a select network of value added resellers and system integrators. For more information, visit www.overlandstorage.com.
Overland Storage, SnapServer, SnapSAN, NEO Series, REO Series and the Overland logo are trademarks Overland Storage, Inc., that may be registered in some jurisdictions. All other trademarks used are owned by their respective owners.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1732538
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1732541
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: SnapServer, NAS, TechValidate, Cost Savings, Efficiency, Customers, Report, Rating, Review, storage, network, Sales, Marketing, Sales & Marketing, Storage, Services, Software, Misc, Management, Sales, Sales, Data Management, Business, Tape, Data Storage, Marketing, Storage, Mac, Marketwire, Inc., HP, Business, Other,