|Page (1) of 1 - 04/24/12||email article||print page|
Organix Heads for Healthy Growth With InforInfor10 Demand Planning Set to Boost Productivity and Reduce Inventory for Organic Baby Food Manufacturer (April 24, 2012)
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 04/24/12 -- Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that organic baby food manufacturer Organix has deployed Infor10 Demand Planning to support the business as it continues to experience double digit year-on-year growth. The application, delivered on-time and under budget, will help enhance demand forecast accuracy and thereby boost service levels and improve productivity by replacing labor-intensive spreadsheet planning, and reduce inventory and waste.
- Following a period of rapid growth Organix has implemented Infor10 Demand Planning including Demand Forecaster, Inventory Planner and Replenishment Planner to replace a spreadsheet-based approach that it had outgrown.
- Infor10 Demand Planning was chosen for the improvements in productivity it could offer the baby food manufacturer.
- Critical to this decision was the "shelf life functionality" of SCM Demand Planning. This proactively manages the minimum life on receipt (MLOR) of each customer order, delivering an accurate insight into potential waste and service levels.
- Organix anticipates a significant reduction of 10 to 15 percent in inventory as a result of improved demand forecast accuracy.
- Infor10 Demand Planning will help manage planned changes in demand patterns such as increased customer demand as a result of sales promotion activities and improve the alignment of demand to the orders Organix makes for its 15 supply chain partners across the UK, Europe and the US.
- Infor10 Demand Planning will also help plan for occasional shortages of ingredients. As the Organix portfolio of products is entirely organic, certain ingredients can become a rare commodity -- so managing a shortfall in these raw materials is business critical.
"We supply some of the biggest names in UK retail and each of those retailers demands a different shelf life so we have a movable feast at the very heart of our supply chain, meaning we have to be proactive and follow best practice," said Hazel Lees, supply chain controller, Organix. "We have invested in Infor10 Demand Planning as part of a drive to future-proof our demand planning processes and we anticipate tangible results when it comes to a reduction in inventory and waste, greater productivity and improved service levels."
"Effective demand planning continues to be a key differentiator for manufacturers," said Pieter Leijten, EMEA VP, supply chain management, Infor. "Recent IDC Manufacturing Insights research has shown that an improvement in demand planning and forecasting is the number one initiative manufacturers are looking to undertake over the next three years."
"Infor has developed robust solutions to help realize the benefits of a comprehensive demand planning solution. Because our solutions are specialized by industry and deal with specific issues such as the various shelf lives demanded by different retailers, they offer significant benefits to top manufacturers like Organix."
Organix is the third biggest baby food and drinks company in the UK, worth over £40m at retail and growing fast (+8% year on year). Our aim is to inspire a lifelong love of good food, so we're dedicated to making food as it should be, for babies and toddlers. This means we use only real ingredients and our No Junk Promise® means there's no added sugar, salt, or artificial colorings or flavorings.
Infor is the world's third-largest supplier of enterprise applications and services, helping more than 70,000 large and mid-size companies improve operations and drive growth across numerous industry sectors. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Infor, Organix, Demand Planning, Manufacturing,Sales,Applications,Supply Chain Management,Manufacturing/Production,Manufacturing,Sales & Marketing,Productivity Applications,Software Development,Other Applications,Management,Sales,Sales,Marketwire, ,IT (Information Technology),Enterprise Applications,Application Software,Business,