|Page (1) of 1 - 04/19/12||email article||print page|
Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance Beats IBM on SPC-2 Benchmark Performance ResultsDemonstrates Superior Large-Scale Sequential Workload Processing for Business-Critical Applications (April 19, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/19/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced the Sun ZFS Storage 7420 appliance beat IBM's highest current SPC-2 Result, based on SPC-2 throughput performance(1).
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage 7420 appliance delivered 10,703.69 SPC-2 MBPS and SPC-2 Price-Performance of $35.24(2).
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance's SPC-2 MBPS performance was:
- 43 percent higher throughput than the IBM XIV at 7,467.99 SPC-2 MBPS(3).
- 242 percent higher throughput than the IBM V7000 at 3,132.87 SPC-2 MBPS(4).
- 10 percent higher throughput than the IBM DS8800 at 9,705.74 SPC-2 MBPS(1).
- The Sun ZFS Storage Appliance's SPC-2 Price-Performance was:
- 4.3x better price-performance than the IBM XIV at $152.34(3).
- Over 2x better price-performance than the IBM V7000 at $71.32(4).
- 7.7x better price-performance than the IBM DS8800 at $270.38(1).
- The SPC-2 benchmark consists of three distinct workloads designed to demonstrate the performance of a storage subsystem during the execution of business critical applications that require the large-scale, sequential movement of data. Workloads include large file processing, large database queries and video on demand.
- "Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances can deliver outstanding performance and cost savings versus other competitive solutions," said Phil Bullinger, senior vice president, Storage, Oracle. "This latest result on the SPC-2 benchmark demonstrates the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance excels on workloads that matter most in the enterprise, and can do so at a fraction of the cost."
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance Series Family Data Sheet
- Oracle Storage Benchmarks
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook
- Oracle Hardware on Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SPC-2, SPC-2 MB/s and SPC-2 Price-Performance are trademarks of Storage Performance Council (SPC).
(1) Results as of April 19, 2012, for more information see http://www.storageperformance.org/results. IBM DS8800, http://www.storageperformance.org/results/benchmark_results_spc2#b00051. For additional analysis and breakdown of results, please see http://www.ideasinternational.com/Benchmark-Top-Ten/SPC-2-SPC-2-E.
(2) Sun ZFS Storage 7420 Appliance http://www.storageperformance.org/results/benchmark_results_spc2#b00058.
(3) IBM XIV, http://www.storageperformance.org/results/benchmark_results_spc2#be00001.
(4) IBM Storwize V7000, http://www.storageperformance.org/results/benchmark_results_spc2#b00052.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Servers and Storage Systems, Sun , Oracle, Applications, Storage, Database, Hardware, Software, Misc, Database, Other, Marketwire, , Appliances, Business, Family, Other,