|Page (1) of 1 - 02/16/12||email article||print page|
Oracle's PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management 9.1 Feature Pack 2 Delivers New Capabilities That Enhance and Streamline Business ProcessesNew Features Help Accelerate Business Performance and Lower Total Costs of Ownership for PeopleSoft Customers (February 16, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/16/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help improve employee productivity, automate compliance and financial controls, and deliver greater industry depth, Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle's PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management (FSCM) 9.1 Feature Pack 2.
- Developed to accelerate business performance and lower total cost of ownership, PeopleSoft FSCM 9.1 Feature Pack 2 offers new applications for financial governance and control, healthcare materials management and enterprise service automation.
- Oracle's Feature Packs delivery method underscores its commitment to provide new functionality between major releases. Feature Packs enable a quicker response to PeopleSoft customer requests, while giving customers the ultimate choice of how and when to deploy new functionality to their users.
PeopleSoft FSCM 9.1 Feature Pack 2 Features and Details
- PeopleSoft FSCM 9.1 Feature Pack 2 delivers new applications and capabilities for financial governance and control, healthcare materials management and enterprise service automation.
- New financial governance and control features are designed to:
- Streamline integration: Oracle Enterprise Transaction Controls Governor is now integrated with PeopleSoft Procure-to-Pay to allow customers to audit transactions according to their industry and organization policies. Additionally, PeopleSoft Global Payroll is now integrated to PeopleSoft Cash Management to enable customers to comply with the upcoming Euro Zone Single European Payment Area (SEPA) payment format.
- Increase employee productivity: New capabilities allow customers to approve multiple general ledger journals at one time, while providing visibility into the graphical approval chain and access to attachments and comments. The approval framework is also extended to commitment control budgets for publicly funded customers that need to support control budgeting and encumbrance accounting.
- New healthcare materials management features are designed to:
- Streamline inventory management: Updates to PeopleSoft Mobile Inventory Management include the ability to capture digital signatures on deliveries for "chain of custody" tracking of controlled substances and expensive materials or samples.
- Expanded industry standards support: The implementation and use of Global Location Number (GLN) has been expanded to support current global standards outlined in GS1 directives for Healthcare in the PeopleSoft eProcurement and PeopleSoft Purchasing. In addition, mobile transactions have been enhanced to recognize the Global Trade Identification Number (GTIN) when scanned in lieu of a PeopleSoft Item ID.
- New enterprise service automation features are designed to:
- Optimize contract revenue management: A new Contracts Workbench user interface in PeopleSoft Contracts enables contract administrators to easily and effectively handle large contract portfolios by organizing critical award, contract and project information for rapid access and updating.
- Enhance project management: Integration of PeopleSoft Program Management and Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise PPM 8.1 allows organizations to streamline information flows between field project managers and financial operations staff to improve the quality of accounting, increase project success rates and accelerate cash flow.
- Increased productivity and effectiveness of staffing: New portal pagelets, flexible agenda management tools, a job board distribution integration framework and enhancements to the recruiting funnel and the candidate overview in PeopleSoft Enterprise Staffing Front Office help increase order fill rates and raise customer satisfaction.
- "Throughout the year, we collaborate with Oracle's PeopleSoft development team regarding requirements and designs for product enhancements. We are very pleased to see Oracle translating the feedback from concept into real product so rapidly and delivering new capabilities that we at the University of Massachusetts view as valuable to our user community," said Holly Wang, Director of Grant and Contract Administration, University of Massachusetts President's Office.
- "To quickly and easily extend the value delivered by Oracle's PeopleSoft 9.1, customers are increasingly leveraging Oracle's Feature Packs to access new capabilities," said Paco Aubrejuan, group vice president, Oracle's PeopleSoft Applications. "The new applications and features delivered in Oracle's PeopleSoft FSCM 9.1 Feature Pack 2 are designed to help customers streamline and enhance financial governance and control, healthcare materials management and enterprise service automation. By delivering such a comprehensive Feature Pack, Oracle is further demonstrating its commitment to delivering best-in-class solutions to PeopleSoft."
- Oracle Applications
- Oracle's PeopleSoft 9.1
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Financial Management
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Supplier Relationship Management
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Service Automation
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Asset Lifecycle Management
- Video: PeopleSoft Continuous Delivery Model
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Videos on YouTube
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Apps Strategy blog
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: applications, products, oracle, peoplesoft, financials, supply chain, scm, 9.1, feature pack, Applications,Productivity Applications,Business Issues,Hardware,Software Development,Other Applications,Tools,Management,Finance/Accounting,Finance/Accounting,Marketwire, ,IT (Information Technology),Enterprise Applications,Financial,Business,Other,