|Page (1) of 1 - 04/04/12||email article||print page|
Oracle's Mark Hurd Delivers Strategy to Drive IT Simplification and Emphasizes Oracle's Business Analytics Strategy at Oracle OpenWorld Tokyo 2012Announces New Updates to Extend the Industry's Most Complete, Integrated Set of Business Analytics Offerings (April 04, 2012)
TOKYO and REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/04/12 -- Oracle OpenWorld -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Today, Oracle President Mark Hurd addressed the Oracle OpenWorld Tokyo audience, speaking about the explosion of data and the critical business need to simplify IT.
- With 65 percent of the world's enterprise data stored in Oracle databases, the need for real-time business analytics ranks among the most important business challenges for C-level executives.
- Oracle Senior Vice President of Analytics and Performance Management Products, Balaji Yelamanchili, outlined how organizations can leverage a comprehensive business analytics strategy to harness exploding data volumes and get intelligence into the hands of decision-makers faster and more efficiently.
- As the leader in Business Analytics, Oracle enables customers to plan, forecast, and monitor business performance faster and with more precision.
- Business analytics is a top priority for CIOs and finance executives as they continue to navigate an uncertain global economy, as well as rapidly evolving technology trends that include Big Data, mobile applications, in-memory analytics and cloud computing.
- Oracle Business Analytics, the industry's most complete, integrated family of business analytics solutions, includes more than 80 business intelligence and performance management applications, business intelligence foundational technology, advanced analytics and Oracle Engineered Systems.
- Organizations can deploy Oracle Business Analytics solutions on premise, in the cloud and on mobile devices to perform any type of analysis, against any type of data, including structured and unstructured data from inside the firewall or external sources.
- Oracle's Engineered Systems, including Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Big Data Appliance also help customers extend their business analytic capabilities with unprecedented performance, while accelerating deployment cycles, lowering costs and reducing risk.
- Delivering customers new Business Analytics innovations, Oracle also today announced:
- Latest release of Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (188.8.131.52): Helps organizations achieve predictable performance through superior analytics with new project planning and account reconciliation modules, support for Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine and significant new capabilities.
- New analytic applications for SAP: Oracle Spend and Procurement Analytics for SAP and Oracle Supply Chain and Order Management Analytics for SAP extend Oracle's family of packaged analytic applications for SAP, which also includes Oracle Financial Analytics for SAP. All of Oracle's business intelligence and enterprise performance management applications are also certified to run on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine.
- Two new Oracle Business Intelligence Applications - Oracle Manufacturing Analytics and Oracle Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Analytics: The industry's first and only in-memory analytic applications for Manufacturing and Asset Management analysis, the new offerings enable customers and partners serving manufacturing, energy production, utilities and other asset-intensive industries to gain better insights and make decisions at the speed of business.
- General availability of Oracle Endeca Information Discovery: The first enterprise platform for data discovery, it enables quick answers to new or unanticipated questions by combining structured and unstructured data without modeling. Endeca Information Discovery combines the simplicity of search with the power of analytics. It is certified to run on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine.
- "Oracle offers the market's only complete, integrated Business Analytics solutions that enable customers to analyze and leverage information intelligence at the speed of thought," said Mark Hurd, President, Oracle. "Business analytics -- getting the right data to the right person at the right time to make the optimal decision is the most important thing you can get from your data. Analytics is in Oracle's DNA and is a vital part of everything we do -- database, middleware, applications and engineered systems."
- "Oracle's continuous stream of technology innovation, across Engineered Systems, in-memory analytics, enterprise discovery, prebuilt analytic and performance management applications, advanced analytics and Big Data ensure our customers can leverage existing IT investments and gain increased business advantage by rapidly gaining greater levels of analytical insight," said Balaji Yelamanchili, senior vice president, Analytics and Performance Management Products, Oracle.
- Oracle Advanced Analytics
- Oracle Business Intelligence
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Enterprise Performance Management
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery
- Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Connect with Oracle Business Intelligence via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
- Link to Oracle Business Analytics Launch webcast
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Manufacturing, Applications, Manufacturing/Production, Finance, Manufacturing, asset management, Database, Hardware, Cloud Computing, Other, Business Intelligence, Management, Finance/Accounting, Finance/Accounting, Marketwire, , Financial, Asset Management, Biology, Genetics, Business, Family, Other,