|Page (1) of 1 - 12/17/10||email article||print page|
Oracle to Showcase Retail Industry Leadership at 100th Annual National Retail Federation ConferenceOracle Booth #619 Features Disney Store, Mobile Commerce, New Retail Technology (December 17, 2010)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/17/10 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle will demonstrate retail best practices and innovations at the 100th Annual National Retail Federation Conference, being held at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York, January 9 - 11.
- Attendees will immediately spot the large two-story Oracle Booth #619 at the entrance to the NRF exposition area, where Oracle will showcase software and hardware solutions including Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Retail offerings, all engineered to work together to solve retailers' unique business challenges.
- Oracle will feature a Disney Store pop-up shop within its booth, where attendees can buy Disney-inspired NY-themed products, see Oracle® Retail Point of Service at work and receive discount coupons for merchandise at Disney's new 20,000 square foot Times Square destination store.
- Disney senior vice president of global retail operations Steve Finney will present an Oracle-sponsored NRF Super Session keynote at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday, January 11, on the creation and launch of the new technology-fueled Disney Store design.
- Oracle will highlight innovation in demoing mobile commerce solutions including mobile Point of Service, Store Inventory Management extensions for mobile and NFC technology used for payment, as well as RFID, biometrics, digital receipts, QR code shelf tags, digital signage and personalized offers.
- Oracle will host its annual Retail Exchange, bringing together international retail executives in a special program created to deliver high-value business content from NRF sessions and keynotes, engage speakers from leading companies including Sainsbury's and Morrisons and provide exclusive store tours and events with North American retailers.
- Oracle also is sponsoring events tailored to Latin American retail executives attending NRF via Brazil retail organization Gouvea de Souza and the National Retailer's Association of Mexico, ANTAD.
- Throughout the NRF conference, Oracle will provide retailers exclusive networking opportunities through small-group and peer discussions dedicated to unique retail segments including fashion, grocery, hardlines and emerging retailers.
- Retailers can follow Oracle's presence at NRF at Oracle's Insight-Driven Retailing Blog, Twitter/OracleRetail and by downloading the Oracle Now application for the iPhone and Android.
- Further information regarding Oracle's complete, open and integrated solutions for retailers will be available throughout the show at the Oracle Booth #619.
- Andrea Morgan-Vandome, vice president of strategy and solution marketing, Oracle Retail, said, "Mobile commerce, retail science and a global marketplace have made this an exciting time for retailers. We look forward to sharing insights and showcasing new Oracle Retail solutions with our customers and retailers from around the world at this year's NRF Annual."
- Oracle at NRF
- Disney Super Session Keynote
- Join the Oracle Retail community on Facebook
- Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail YouTube Channel
- Follow Oracle Retail on Twitter
- Oracle Retail Customer Success
- Oracle in Retail
About Oracle Retail
Oracle helps retailers to redesign the customer experience, reinvigorate operational excellence and re-imagine growth. Oracle allows retailers to create a unified view of information and deliver economic value to the entire business, from store, planning and merchandising operations to financial operations, supply chain and logistics management. Oracle provides solutions to 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Applications,Sales & Marketing,Networking,Database,Internet,Hardware,Other,Internet Server Applications,Management,Brazil,Marketwire,Apple Computer,Financial,Discount,Lifestyle,Internet Technology,Business,Science,mexico,Other,