|Page (1) of 1 - 11/08/11||email article||print page|
Oracle to Demonstrate How Cable Operators Can Rapidly Launch and Fulfill New Cable Services Like "TV Everywhere"TM Forum's Frameworx Conformance Certified Solution Enables Accelerated Deployment of Innovative Cable Services (November 08, 2011)
ORLANDO, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 11/08/11 -- TM FORUM MANAGEMENT WORLD AMERICAS -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle, in conjunction with Cognizant, IBB Consulting, Incognito Software, Infonova, OpenVault, Tektronix Communications and TMNG Global, will demonstrate how cable operators can rapidly launch and fulfill new cable services as part of the TM Forum's "Frameworx for New Cable Services" Catalyst project at Management World Americas 2011. TM Forum's Catalyst Program forms multi-company, multi-national teams to work together -- using leading edge IT concepts coupled with TM Forum best practices and standards -- to solve communications service providers' specific challenges.
- This Catalyst project, championed by Cox Communications, Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications, uses a representative new cable service, "TV Everywhere," which enables delivery of IP video services to devices other than set-top boxes -- such as tablets, smartphones and PCs -- and introduces subscriber entitlements rather than device authentication to demonstrate the applicability of TM Forum's Frameworx suite of standards to the cable industry.
- The project has resulted in the development of a Cable Business Process "Quick Start Pack" that defines the business processes necessary to deliver this service using common cable concepts mapped to TM Forum's Frameworx. Using such processes, the Catalyst project will demonstrate the service design, order capture, order delivery and provisioning for subscriber focused entitlements for the "TV Everywhere" service alongside existing legacy digital services.
- The core of the system is Oracle's Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery solution, the first solution that has received TM Forum's Frameworx Conformance Solution Certification (1), together with Oracle Communications ASAP for service activation.
- Integrated with Oracle Communications ASAP is Incognito Software's Broadband Command Center which supports the provisioning of access networks based on both CableLabs and Broadband Forum standards, providing abstracted device provisioning of any broadband device over any access network.
- To complete the solution, Cognizant is providing the multi-screen applications and network services including "TV Everywhere" On Demand (VOD) on a tablet, set-top DVR with tablet remote control and software enabled services.
- Further information on TM Forum's "Frameworx for New Cable Services" Catalyst project is available here: TM Forum - 2011 Catalyst Projects.
- "With more than 90 percent of leading service providers using TM Forum's Frameworx suite of standards, the TM Forum is rapidly developing an open market of off-the-shelf implementations of Frameworx. We are pleased to have Oracle's commitment to making this happen. The Frameworx for New Cable Services Catalyst project, which includes Oracle's Frameworx certified solution, demonstrates the practical examples of Frameworx and its ability to enable cable operators to cost-effectively deliver revenue-generating services," said George Greenlee, senior vice president, product and portfolio management, TM Forum.
- "By building upon TM Forum's Frameworx Conformance Certified, pre-integrated productized solution, cable operators can quickly design and efficiently deliver new cable services. At the same time, adopting a TM Forum Frameworx certified solution enables cable operators to share the investment with, and leverage the experience of, leading providers in other industry segments, in particular mobile and wireline telecom operators, cloud services providers and convergent services providers to reduce the risk, time and cost of BSS/OSS transformations," said Liam Maxwell, vice president, products, Oracle Communications.
(1) TM Forum, "Conformance Certification Solution Assessment Results," March, 2011.
- Oracle Communications
- Communications Service Providers Want Industry Standards Adopted for BSS/OSS Business Processes and IT Architecture
- Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design & Order Delivery (RODOD) Solution
- TMF Frameworx Solution Certification for RODOD
- Oracle Communications ASAP
- Oracle Communications Converged Fulfillment for Consumer Services
- Oracle Communications Converged Fulfillment for Business Services
- TM Forum - 2011 Catalyst Projects
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than two billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Digital Media Software, Communications, Web, Smart Phone, Applications, Video, Applications, Storage, Business Issues, Hardware, Services, Software, Misc, Networks, Standards, IT Management, Management, Prosumer/Consumer, Business, Settop Box, Standards/Initiatives, Marketwire, , Business, Other,