|Page (1) of 1 - 10/12/09||email article||print page|
Oracle and Simba Technologies Introduce MDX Provider for Oracle(R) OLAPEnables Fast and Secure Analysis of Oracle Data Directly From Microsoft Excel (October 12, 2009)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/12/09 -- Oracle OpenWorld -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- For organizations that rely on spreadsheets for business intelligence, Oracle and Simba Technologies Inc. today announced the availability of MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP.
- MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP natively and securely connects Microsoft Excel PivotTable cross-tab and dashboard functionality with Oracle® OLAP data.
- An easy to install, client-side driver, MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP enables end-users to query, display and navigate Oracle OLAP data directly from within Excel spreadsheets.
- Simba is the industry's choice for standards-based relational and multi-dimensional data connectivity.
Easing Use of Excel with Oracle OLAP
- Oracle OLAP, an option to Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition, is a calculation engine that supports advanced analytical applications including planning, budgeting, forecasting, sales, and marketing to help identify key business trends and model complex business scenarios.
- With the MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP, organizations and departments that use Excel for ad hoc querying, analysis and reporting can connect to Oracle OLAP data just like connecting to any other data source.
- MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP enables users to take advantage of Excel PivotTable and PivotChart functionality to analyze Oracle OLAP data, including advanced formatting and dashboard presentation capabilities, and integration with other Microsoft Office products.
- With all data and calculations stored centrally in the database as well as analysis performed directly against the database, users benefit from the performance and security features of the Oracle Database, while helping to ensure that the analysis performed takes advantage of the very latest information.
- MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP supports Microsoft Excel 2007 and 2003 and Oracle Database 11g Release 1 and 2.
- MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP is built upon Simba's leading MDX 2005 query language technology that's embedded in several major BI vendors' products.
- Simba will demonstrate the solution at Oracle OpenWorld 2009 San Francisco during their conference session, "Using Excel and Oracle for Business Intelligence and Ad Hoc Reporting," (ID: S308590) on October 12 at 5:30 pm Pacific in Room 2010, Moscone West.
- Simba Technologies Inc. is a member of the Oracle PartnerNetwork.
"Customers have voiced their interest in a simple solution that would enable them to view and analyze Oracle OLAP data directly from within Excel spreadsheets," said Ray Roccaforte, vice president of Data Warehousing and Analytics, Oracle. "The MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP enables end-users to work in that familiar spreadsheet environment while taking advantage of the power and security of the Oracle Database."
"Simba's MDX Provider for Oracle has made connecting Excel to Oracle an incredibly easy, low-cost action," said Amyn Rajan, Simba's CEO. "Oracle customers can use Excel PivotTables for ad hoc query and analysis and reap the tremendous power of their Oracle Database."
Oracle Innovation Showcase
For more than 32 years, Oracle has been a technology innovator, transforming the way business is conducted. To learn about Oracle's latest technologies and history of innovation, visit the Innovation Showcase at oracle.com/innovation. And during Oracle OpenWorld (October 11-15), you can hear and interact with innovators from Oracle and its partners at oracle.com/openworld.
About Simba Technologies Inc.
Simba Technologies Inc. (http://www.simba.com) is the recognized world leader in standards-based data access products, solutions and services for both relational and multi-dimensional data sources. Simba delivers data connectivity and interoperability solutions to many of the world's leading companies on various platforms, including Windows, Mac, UNIX and Linux. Simba's best-in-class products support multiple interfaces, including ODBC, JDBC, OLE DB, OLE DB for OLAP (ODBO), XML for Analysis (XMLA), ADO, ADO.NET, ADOMD, and ADOMD.NET.
Simba's software is used worldwide. Its customers include leading independent software vendors and global enterprises like Oracle®, Microsoft®, Infor® and SAP® AG.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's largest business software company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: data analysis, Excel, secure, native, PivotTable, cross-tab, relational , multi-dimensional, Sales, Applications, Marketing, Sales & Marketing, Security, Database, Internet, Other, Business Intelligence, Security, Internet Server Applications, Sales, Sales, Unix, Mac, Unix, Linux, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, Inc., Internet Technology, Business, Other,