|Page (1) of 1 - 01/12/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Unveils Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database 11g Release 2New Features and Enhancements Significantly Improve Performance and Scalability for OLTP and Analytics In-Memory Data Management (January 12, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/12/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced availability of the latest release of Oracle's application-tier in-memory database, Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database 11g Release 2.
- Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database is a full-featured relational in-memory database designed to run in the application-tier to provide both rapid transaction response time and high throughput required by mission-critical applications.
- This latest release incorporates significant performance and scalability improvements for real-time online transaction processing (OLTP) applications, and introduces new functionality to support analytic applications with real-time in-memory data management.
- The new features further enable customers to enhance application performance and scalability by supporting more concurrent users, higher volumes of requests, and more sessions.
- Now shipping with Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management, Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database enables Oracle BRM to achieve significantly faster response time, higher throughput and can support more subscribers than prior releases.
- Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database for Exalytics will also be available for Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine as an application-tier in-memory database cache. This new release enables Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite to achieve up to 20x response time improvement for speed-of-thought visualization and up to 5x more data to be stored in-memory with advanced columnar compression capabilities.
Delivering Extreme Performance and Scale for Analytic and OLTP Applications
- Customers rely on Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database to deliver extremely fast response times to meet the most stringent service level agreements (SLAs). Leading organizations across industries such as financial services, ecommerce and telecommunications, among others, count on Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database to help meet consistent response time, especially during peak workloads.
- Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database is the only in-memory relational database capable of handling both OLTP and analytic workloads constrained only by the full amount of physical memory available, enabling customers and partners to take advantage of the availability of large RAM capacity in commodity hardware.
- With this new release, customers can:
- Increase performance and scalability for real-time OLTP applications via parallel replication between Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database instances, parallel cache data synchronization with Oracle Database 11g, enhanced data access interfaces for applications, and improved query processing and optimization to boost response time and overall throughput;
- Use Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database to support analytic workloads through new SQL aggregation and analytic functions as well as optimization for complex query processing; and,
- Benefit from improved compatibility with Oracle Database through support for native large object (LOB) data type support (BLOB, CLOB).
- "In-memory data management is a key enabling technology for real-time data analysis and decision making. Organizations need to put in place a strategy for taking advantage of in-memory technology for both OLTP and analytics workloads," said Donald Feinberg, vice president distinguished analyst, Gartner. "Application tier in-memory data management is an element of that overall solution that should be carefully considered."
- "Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management Release 7.5 leverages Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database 11g Release 2 to achieve substantial performance improvement," said Liam Maxwell, vice president of Products, Oracle Communications. "This enables our customers to deliver a differentiated customer experience with reduced total cost of ownership."
- "With today's business moving faster than ever, organizations demand real-time access to information," said Marie-Anne Neimat, vice president, Development, Oracle. "For over a decade Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database has been delivering the extreme performance and scalability that businesses trust to speed their critical transactions. We are very excited that the new release enhances Oracle TimesTen's OLTP capabilities and introduces support for BI and analytic applications thus enabling many new applications to take advantage of real-time in-memory data management."
- Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database
- Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management
- Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite
- Oracle Database 11g
- Download free evaluation version of Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Applications, Shipping & Receiving, Database, Business Issues, Hardware, Data Management, Other, Business Intelligence, IT Management, Management, Marketwire, , Financial, Shipping, Business, Other,