|Page (1) of 1 - 01/05/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Releases NetBeans IDE 7.1First IDE to Support JavaFX 2.0 (January 05, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/05/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Demonstrating its continued commitment to the Java development community, Oracle today announced a new release of the NetBeans Integrated Development Environment (IDE), NetBeans IDE 7.1.
- NetBeans IDE 7.1 is a free, open source IDE available for Oracle Solaris, Oracle Linux, other Linux distributions, Mac and Windows that enables developers to rapidly create Web, enterprise, desktop, and mobile applications primarily for the Java platform, as well as in PHP and C/C++.
- NetBeans IDE 7.1 is the first IDE to support the latest specifications and standards in the Java platform, including full development support for JavaFX 2.0 and JDK7.
- The latest release also offers support for the newly announced Oracle WebLogic Server 12c, bringing Java Platform Enterprise Edition (Java EE) 6 support to developers creating applications on the Oracle WebLogic Server platform.
- In addition, NetBeans IDE 7.1 provides significant Swing GUI Builder enhancements, CSS3 support and tools for visual debugging of both JavaFX and Swing user interfaces (UI).
Enhancements Help Java Developers Increase Productivity
- NetBeans IDE 7.1 delivers enhanced support across key technologies:
- JavaFX: Support for JavaFX 2.0 and all three deployment models, including Desktop, Applet and JNLP. The release also features preloaders to improve the application loading experience and customized UI controls using CSS3.
- Java: Bulk refactoring tools enable project wide corrections and updates to code. A new visual debugger helps control execution flow in terms of level structures in the UI. Gap support in the GridBagLayout customizer visually maintains gaps in columns and rows. Improved Javadoc highlighting and formatting and "inspect and refractor" allows project wide application on selected projects.
- Web Languages: Support for CSS3 in the NetBeans CSS editor, with code completion, syntax coloring and documentation for new CSS3 elements, and new browser specific properties settings.
- Java EE: Cluster and instance deployment support for GlassFish Server; 50+ CDI support enhancements in the Java editor; and JSF component suite supporting improvements in Java Persistence, Web Services, EJB, and support for Oracle WebLogic Server 12c.
- PHP: Improved PHP debugging; PHPUnit test groups capabilities; support for Smarty templates; and faster uploads with keep-alive for (S)FTP clients.
- NetBeans Platform: New Windows system APIs and support for multiple window layouts; enhanced TopComponentGroup behavior; visual window layout designer; and pluggable multiview components.
- Version Control and Bug Tracking: Out-of-the-box, integrated Git support; new history tab on file editor window shows change history; locking/unlocking files in Subversion working directory; and support for mercurial branches and tags.
- "The latest NetBeans IDE release provides the Java developer community with many new features to help them create leading-edge Web, mobile and enterprise applications," said Ted Farrell, chief architect and senior vice president, Tools and Middleware, Oracle. "As the first IDE to support JavaFX 2.0, NetBeans IDE 7.1 not only gives developers rich support for developing JavaFX 2.0 applications, but also ensures they have access to all of the advances delivered in the latest Java platform releases."
- "We standardized on the NetBeans IDE as our Java IDE of choice eight years ago and this new release continues to reinforce our decision. The IDE is very easy due to its natural and user-friendly design and the support for Java EE and multiple languages is essential for building maintainable code for our expanding services," said Ernest C. Lötter, Director and Head of Computational Seismology, Institute of Mine Seismology.
- NetBeans IDE
- NetBeans IDE 7.1 is available for download here. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- NetBeans Documentation and Resources
- NetBeans Community Portal
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12c
- Oracle GlassFish Server
- Oracle Linux
- Oracle Solaris
- Oracle Development Tools
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Applications, Productivity Applications, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Software Development, Other Applications, Open Source, Internet Server Applications, Web Servers, Languages, Tools, Dynamic Languages, Unix, Mac, Linux, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Internet Technology, Geology, Other,