|Page (1) of 1 - 10/04/11||email article||print page|
Oracle Previews NetBeans IDE 7.1: Delivers Support for JavaFX 2.0New Release Builds on Momentum as NetBeans Hits One Million Active Users (October 04, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/04/11 -- JAVAONE -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Demonstrating the continued success and expansion of the NetBeans Integrated Development Environment (IDE), Oracle today announced the strong growth of the NetBeans developer community and the availability of NetBeans IDE 7.1 Beta.
- The NetBeans IDE is available for Windows, Mac, Linux and Oracle Solaris, and is the first IDE to support the latest specifications and standards in the Java Platform.
- Extending the support for Java standards, NetBeans IDE 7.1 Beta provides support for JavaFX 2.0, enabling the full compile, debug and profile development cycle for JavaFX 2.0 applications.
- The latest release builds on NetBeans IDE 7.0, the first IDE to provide full support for JDK 7, making it convenient for developers to adapt their existing code base to utilize the new and enhanced features of the JDK 7 specification.
- NetBeans IDE 7.0 also delivered enhanced integration with Oracle WebLogic Server 11g and industry leading Java EE 6 support for Oracle Database, GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1 and Oracle GlassFish Server 3.1.
- NetBeans IDE 7.1 Beta is available for download here. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- Oracle is showcasing the NetBeans IDE at JavaOne 2011 at more than 25 combined conference sessions, BOFs and Hands-On Labs, as well as in the JavaOne Exhibition Hall.
- "The growth of the NetBeans developer base is a testament to the many enhancements the community has made to the NetBeans IDE," said Ted Farrell, Chief Architect and senior vice president, Tools and Middleware, Oracle. "By rapidly delivering support for the latest specifications and standards, NetBeans is moving the industry, allowing developers to take advantage of the advances in the platform to build better Java-based desktop, Web and mobile applications, faster."
- "When we selected the NetBeans IDE as the platform for the next generation of our industry-leading MPLAB® X IDE -- which is designed for building embedded applications employing Microchip's PIC® and dsPIC® microcontrollers -- we knew that we were using the best open source IDE," said Derek Carlson, vice president of Development Tools at Microchip Technology Inc. "We are excited by the opportunities that NetBeans IDE 7.1 offers, as it further distinguishes itself in the open-source and embedded-design communities."
- NetBeans IDE
- NetBeans Documentation and Resources
- NetBeans Community Portal
- Oracle Development Tools
JavaOne San Francisco returns to the Zone October 2-6, a developer-friendly neighborhood. At the heart of the Zone is the Mason Street Cafe, a block-long playground and lounge bordered by JavaOne hotels (the Hilton San Francisco Union Square, Hotel Nikko, and Parc 55 Wyndham). JavaOne brings experts and enthusiasts together for an extraordinary week of learning and networking focused entirely on all things Java and moving the #1 development platform forward. With more than 400 sessions covering topics that span the breadth of the Java universe, keynotes from foremost Java visionaries, and engaging activities geared toward developers, JavaOne is the world's most important event for the Java community. For more information, please visit: www.oracle.com/javaone.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Applications, Networking, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Server Hardware, Server Computers, Internet Server Applications, Web Servers, Unix, Mac, Linux, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, Inc., Internet Technology, Business, Other,