|Page (1) of 1 - 04/30/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Partners Around the World Drive Customer Success With Oracle's SPARC T4 Servers and Oracle Solaris 11Nearly 500 Partners Have Sold Oracle's SPARC T4 Servers With Oracle Solaris 11 Across Leading Industries and to Midsize Organizations (April 30, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/30/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle partners are leveraging Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) programs to better serve strong customer demand for Oracle's SPARC T4 Servers with Oracle Solaris 11 across a wide array of market segments.
- Oracle partners are moving quickly to Oracle's SPARC T4 Servers with Oracle Solaris 11 so that their customers can benefit from the increased performance, security, stability and agility they need to run their most demanding enterprise applications in private, hybrid or public clouds.
- To date, Oracle's SPARC T4 Servers have been sold by nearly 500 partners globally including Azwell Plus, BGH, Frontline Systems Australia, Fujitsu, Kanatek, Keste, Maplesoft Group, MCR, Mythics, Neusoft, Ongo Tech, PT Astra Graphia Information Technology and Q Associates across 22 industries including Communications, Financial, Education & Research, Professional Services, Public Sector, Travel & Transportation, Retail, and Utilities.
- Partners and customers are moving rapidly to Oracle Solaris 11, which is being deployed even faster than Oracle Solaris 10. In addition to Oracle's database, middleware, and application software, hundreds of third-party applications are supported on Oracle Solaris 11 including Carrier Call GmbH, C-DAT Systems Inc, CommVault Systems, Inc., Connectiva Systems India Private Ltd, Data & Scientific Inc., InfoVista, International Turnkey Systems (ITS), Mobile Tornado, Numerix, SAS Institute, Inc., Siemens Energy, Inc., Smart ERP Solutions, Step Ahead Solutions, LLC, and SYSTIME.
Specializations Yield Competitive Differentiators
- Further enabling its valued system integration, reseller and other partners to demonstrate their expertise and differentiate their services and solutions in the marketplace, OPN today offers Specializations in SPARC T4 and Oracle Solaris 11.
- Over 300 partners globally have the SPARC T-Series Specialization, nearly 900 partners globally are Specialized on Oracle Solaris and the Oracle Solaris Knowledge Zone includes over 65,000 members. As a result, these partners are benefitting from the additional go-to-market support, marketing kits and local Value Added Distributor (VAD) campaigns enabled though the OPN Specialized program.
ISVs Benefit from Oracle Exastack Program
- ISVs and other qualified OPN members are supporting their applications on Oracle Solaris 11 and seeing the benefits of the Oracle Exastack Ready program which includes qualifying their applications as Oracle Solaris Ready.
- ISVs are also taking advantage of Oracle Exastack Labs, part of the Oracle Exastack program, where qualified OPN members gain access to Oracle technical resources. Oracle will soon provide a lab running SPARC in a secure cloud environment on Oracle Solaris 11, enabling ISV partners to test and validate their applications quickly and easily.
Leading Product Capabilities Drive Partner Success
- One of the fastest ramping server products in Oracle's history, Oracle's SPARC T4 Servers are engineered with Oracle's complete software stack to enable customers to consolidate multiple application tiers onto a single server, reduce system complexity, and improve utilization.
- With Oracle Solaris 11, the first cloud OS, customers can take advantage of designed-in virtualization with zero-overhead zones, secure live migration, simplified cloud deployments and dramatically faster lifecycle management with 4x faster upgrades and 2.5x faster system re-boots.
- Oracle's SPARC T4 servers deliver superior performance and currently hold more than a dozen world records on key application workloads and industry standard benchmarks.
- The combination of Oracle Solaris 11 and SPARC T4 systems bring unique features for customers deploying public, private and hybrid clouds, including:
- Optimized application performance
- Comprehensive, built-in virtualization capabilities for OS, network and storage resources
- Leading-edge, fully integrated data services
- Pervasive security designed to handle the challenges of cloud computing
- Cloud-scale deployment capabilities
- Sophisticated management across the entire infrastructure -- operating system, physical hardware, networking and storage, as well as the virtualization layer
- Sophisticated management across the entire infrastructure -- operating system, physical hardware, networking and storage, as well as the virtualization layer -- with Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center, now free with Oracle Premier Support for Systems and Operating Systems, as part of the Ops Center Everywhere Program
- High-performance encryption engineered into Oracle's SPARC T4 processor, and fully integrated via the Oracle Solaris Cryptographic Framework, for low cost, low overhead, and easy availability for any application that needs it.
- "Specialized partners are critical in helping customers get the most value from Oracle's technology innovations, such as those found in Oracle's SPARC T4 Servers and Oracle Solaris 11," said Joel Borellis, Group Vice President, Partner Enablement, Oracle. "The explosive rate at which we have seen our partners embrace Oracle's SPARC T4 Servers, across a wide variety of industries and among midsize organizations, is testament to the power, performance and extreme value SPARC T4 and Oracle Solaris 11 offer to customers."
- What Oracle Partners are Saying about Oracle's SPARC T4 Servers and Oracle Solaris
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- Oracle's SPARC T4 Servers
- OPN SPARC T4 Servers Knowledge Zone
- Oracle Solaris 11
- OPN Solaris Knowledge Zone
- Oracle Solaris 11 Training
- Oracle Solaris Blog
- Oracle Exastack Program
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Connect with the Oracle Partner community at OPN on Facebook, OPN on LinkedIn, OPN on YouTube and OPN on Twitter
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle's products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Partner, Partners, Partnering, Reseller, Alliances, ISV, Distribution, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Education, Storage, Productivity Applications, Security, Networking, Database, Computer Technology, Business Issues, Hardware, Software Development, Cloud Computing, Services, Software, Misc, Database, Security, Desktop Operating Systems, Other Applications, Other, Utilities, Server Hardware, Server Computers, Other, Mobile Devices, Tools, infrastructure, Management, India, Australia, Marketwire, Inc., , IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Networking, Financial, Application Software, Meteorology, Computer Science, Business, india, Other,