|Page (1) of 1 - 01/19/12||email article||print page|
Oracle PartnerNetwork Hosts Inaugural Oracle Applications and Industry Partner SummitEnables North American Partners With Strategies and Opportunities to Extend Business Growth and Profits With Oracle Applications and Industry-Specific Solutions (January 19, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/19/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Further providing partners the enablement resources they need to learn and grow with Oracle, Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) hosted its inaugural Oracle Applications and Industry Partner Summit last week in Arizona.
- Welcoming more than 350 senior sales and practice leaders from 80 leading System Integrators from across North America, the event offered partners the strategies and resources they need to extend their service and solutions offerings and drive enhanced revenue and customer opportunities with Oracle technology.
- The event, which will take place annually, featured commentary from Oracle customers, partners, and top Oracle executives:
- Keith Block, Executive Vice President, Oracle North America
- Thomas Kurian, Executive Vice President, Product Development
- Sonny Singh, Senior Vice President, Industries Business Unit
- Block shared Oracle's strategy and momentum and explained why there has never been a better time to partner with Oracle. He also shared his perspective on the competitive landscape and insight from global customers.
- Kurian shared upcoming roadmaps for Oracle Applications and discussed how partners can capitalize on new opportunities around Oracle's Fusion Application and Cloud offerings.
- Singh outlined Oracle's comprehensive go-to-market strategy across numerous industries and explained the opportunity for partners to jointly collaborate with Oracle for industry success.
- In addition, the summit highlighted joint partner opportunities for increased industry-specific selling and provided industry specific break-out sessions offering ideas and best-practice strategies across 12 unique industries.
- OPN is dedicated to expanding and improving its partner enablement offerings. Since the inception of the OPN Specialized program:
- More than 47 applications or industry-specific Specializations from industries have been made available to partners.
- 1,800 partners have achieved nearly 6,000 Oracle Application or industry Specializations.
- More than 59,000 Industry and Application Boot Camp Training days have been conducted with 12,200 taking place in FY12 alone.
- More than 11,000 Individual Certified Implementation Specialists have achieved Application/Industry-specific accreditations.
"Without question, Oracle's leading technologies and our partners' undeniable services and solutions expertise create a winning proposition for customers," said Tyler Prince, group vice president North America Alliances & Channels Applications and System Integrators. "A significant opportunity exists for our partner community to work in tandem with Oracle to build, sell and deliver unique solutions and services to a wide range of industries. The inaugural Oracle Application and Industry Partner Summit was designed to arm partners with the tools, techniques and information they need to drive a competitive edge and accelerate joint selling with Oracle."
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- Judson Althoff Blog
- OPN Applications Knowledge Zone
- OPN Industries Knowledge Zone
- Connect with the Oracle Partner community at OPN on Facebook, OPN on LinkedIn, OPN on YouTube and OPN on Twitter
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle's products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Partner, Partners, Partnering, Reseller, Alliances, ISV, Distribution, Sales,Applications,Sales & Marketing,Hardware,Sales,Sales,Marketwire, ,Business,Other,