|Page (1) of 1 - 01/30/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Named a Leader in Identity Management by Leading Analyst FirmOracle Positioned in Leaders Quadrant in Both "Identity and Access Governance" and "User Administration/Provisioning" Magic Quadrants (January 30, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- The first-ever Gartner, Inc. "Magic Quadrant for Identity and Access Governance" recognizes Oracle as a leader, Oracle announced today. (1)
- Oracle also announced today that Oracle is placed in the Leaders Quadrant of the 2011 "Magic Quadrant for User Administration/Provisioning." (2)
- According to Gartner, leaders in Identity and Access Governance (IAG) are "composed of vendors that provide products with a good functional match to client requirements for establishing a governance system for access. These vendors have been successful in building an installed base and revenue stream within the IAG market, and have a relatively high viability rating (because of IAG revenue). Leaders also show evidence of superior vision and execution for anticipated requirements, as they relate to technology, methodology or means of delivery. Leaders typically have significant market share, strong revenue growth, and demonstrated early customer satisfaction with IAG capabilities and/or related service and support."
- Gartner describes leaders in user administration/provisioning as "high-momentum vendors (based on sales, world presence and mind share growth), and they have evident track records in user provisioning across most, if not all, market segments. Business investments position them well for the future. Leaders demonstrate balanced progress and effort in the Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision categories. Their actions raise the competitive bar for all products in the market. They can and often do change the course of the industry."
- Gartner Magic Quadrants position vendors within a particular market segment based on their completeness of vision and their ability to execute on that vision.
- Oracle Identity Analytics delivers the advanced access certification and intelligence business managers need to meet increasingly complex time-consuming compliance requirements with out of the box business friendly views and prioritized risk scoring dramatically reducing the time need to complete reviews.
- Integration with Oracle Identity Manager 11g makes Oracle Identity Analytics the industry's only access governance solution that provides an accurate closed-loop remediation solution including advanced risk aggregation and controls for preventative segregation of duties.
- Oracle's integrated platform approach to Identity Governance provides the advantages of better risk awareness and automated "closed-loop" remediation of improper rights and audit violations.
- Oracle Identity Manager 11g and Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite, components of Oracle Identity Management 11g, provide the industry's most complete, open and integrated Identity Management solutions to help organizations experience superior performance, unmatched scalability and a significantly enhanced user experience.
- Oracle's positioning in the Leaders quadrants for both User Provisioning and Identity and Access Governance provides customers with an integrated and complete solution to automate Identity Audit and Compliance.
- "We believe that our innovative approach to Identity and Access Management, which combines industry leading products, produces a platform that is greater in value than the sum of the parts. We feel our leadership in both magic quadrants demonstrates that our investment in the integrated Identity platform is paying dividends for our customers. Customers adopting Oracle Identity Manager and Oracle Identity Analytics can have confidence that they have acquired two industry leading solutions that are engineered to work together which helps lower their total cost of ownership," said Amit Jasuja, vice president, Oracle Security and Identity Management.
- Read Magic Quadrant for Identity and Access Governance
- Read Magic Quadrant for User Administration/Provisioning
- About Oracle Identity Analytics 11g
- About Oracle Identity Manager 11g
- About Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite
- Oracle Identity Management 11g
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g
- Join the Oracle Identity Management online communities: Facebook, Blog and Twitter
(1) Gartner "Magic Quadrant for Identity and Access Governance," by Earl Perkins, Perry Carpenter, December 15, 2011
(2) Garter "Magic Quadrant for User Administration/Provisioning," by Perry Carpenter, Earl Perkins, December 22, 2011
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Sales,Sales & Marketing,Security,Hardware,Management,Sales,Sales,Marketwire, Inc., ,Environmental Technology,Business,Other,