|Page (1) of 1 - 10/05/11||email article||print page|
Oracle Mobile Momentum Reaches Across Entire Enterprise Application PortfolioOn-the-Go Workforce Receive Accurate, Up-to-Date Information and Enhanced Productivity (October 05, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/05/11 -- ORACLE OPENWORLD -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Committed to innovating and delivering cutting-edge mobile capabilities across the enterprise, Oracle Applications are planned to be built with Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF), part of Oracle Fusion Middleware.
- Oracle ADF Mobile browser, the current mobile application development tool, is being used to mobile-enable Oracle Applications, some of which are available today.
- With the new release of ADF Mobile, previewed yesterday at Oracle OpenWorld, Oracle plans to provide even richer mobile capabilities across its enterprise application portfolio.
- Next generation applications built with the upcoming ADF Mobile are expected to offer cross platform, rich on-device mobile capabilities with tight device services integration, and a mobile-optimized user interface.
- Oracle ADF-based applications enable enterprises across industries to meet frequently changing mobile requirements by allowing developers to rapidly and visually develop applications once, and then deploy to multiple devices and channels.
Current, New and Upcoming Mobile Applications
Oracle Fusion Applications
Oracle Fusion Tap for Oracle Fusion Applications
- Oracle Fusion Applications 11g are built natively in ADF technology making it immediately available and certified to run on any mobile Web browser.
- This year at Oracle OpenWorld, we are previewing Oracle Fusion Tap for Oracle Fusion Applications on a life-sized iPhone and iPad during the conference.
- Oracle Fusion Tap is a collection of mobility application modules that work across the Oracle Fusion Applications Suite to provide mobile workers the ability to be productive anywhere and anytime. By taking an information-driven approach to mobility, Oracle Fusion Tap enables mobile workers to know what they need do through a common exception based work list, what they need to know through embedded analytics and whom they need to connect with for immediate resolution.
- Expected to released in calendar year 2012, Oracle Fusion Tap for tablets will deliver a iPad mobility application that delivers modules for workers to be productive anywhere their job takes them.
Oracle Fusion Mobile Sales
- Introduced today, Oracle Fusion Mobile Sales drives further sales team productivity by enabling direct access of Oracle Fusion CRM within iPhone and Blackberry, and allowing instant access and team sharing of important customer, contact and opportunity details within smartphones.
Oracle Disconnected Mobile Sales
- Now available, Oracle Disconnected Mobile Sales helps pharmaceutical sales representatives leverage powerful features with physicians where they are most -- out in the field and outside of network coverage.
- Oracle Disconnected Mobile Sales provides capabilities to manage accounts, contacts and activities directly from an iPad, as well as record product samples, electronic signatures and feedback immediately and accurately.
Oracle CRM On Demand Connected Mobile Sales
- Now available, Oracle CRM On Demand Connected Mobile Sales, with support for BlackBerry and iPhone, provides sales representatives' real-time access of Oracle CRM On Demand and configured record types and fields.
- Sales teams out in the field can update opportunities, activities and leads, while also utilizing device integration to make calls, send emails and navigate to customers instantly and seamlessly.
Oracle's PeopleSoft Mobile Inventory Management
- Available today, Oracle's PeopleSoft Mobile Inventory Management helps organizations execute inventory transactions from any connected HTML device, including the iPad.
Oracle iReciepts for Oracle's PeopleSoft Expenses
- Eliminating the headaches and waste of paper cash receipts for expense reporting, Oracle iReciepts, an iPhone application for Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Expenses, now includes the capture of cash-based expenses directly on iPhones with automatic integration and synching to Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Expenses.
Oracle E-Business Suite
Oracle Mobile Field Service Applications
- Expected to release in calendar year 2012, Oracle Mobile Field Service Applications for iPhone, iPad and Android based on the Oracle Mobile ADF is currently in development at Oracle with potential early deployment to Oracle Sun hardware technicians on Android smartphones.
Oracle's JD Edwards
Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Releases 8.12 and 9.0 Supported on iPad
- Announced Monday, the entire JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Releases 8.12 and 9.0 are now fully supported on iPad without any additional licensing fees, furthering the growth and flexibility of workforce mobility.
- Existing JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Releases 8.12 or 9.0 customers can access this new iPad capability by simply applying the latest JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 184.108.40.206 release, which became generally available September 16, 2011.
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.0 customers will also receive an additional feature update that includes Field Service Work Order, an iPad optimized field service application, providing field technicians the information they need while on the road, including one-touch access to Google Maps and one-touch smart buttons to update service work order status to next allowed status. Technicians can also inquire into the specifics of the work order, such as important attachments, parts and work instructions
- Keeping the user experience at the forefront and to minimize additional touch points in processes, JDEdwards EnterpriseOne Releases 8.12 and 9.0 on the iPad features ERP specific gestures to ensure intuitive and efficient interactions and context sensitive awareness for proper keyboard (whether numeric or alphabet) presentation to the user for data entry tasks.
- Standard security and deployment features are also supported for worry-free mobile deployments.
Oracle Hyperion Performance Management
Oracle Financial Management Analytics
- Oracle Financial Management Analytics for Oracle Hyperion Performance Management leverages Oracle's business intelligence technology to deliver deeper insights and improved access to consolidated financial results and financial close process data, including pre-built, configurable analytics and dashboards that are available on traditional and mobile devices, iPad and iPhone.
- "As the business world goes mobile, Oracle is committed to ensuring on the go workers can be extremely productive across all Oracle products," said Chris Leone, Group Vice President of Application Development, Oracle. "Applications built with Oracle ADF Mobile provide organizations mobile capabilities they need for mission critical sales success. At the same time, Oracle will continue to leverage the upcoming Oracle ADF Mobile platform to innovate and deliver new and industry-defining applications across the entire enterprise."
- Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Mobile
- Oracle CRM On Demand
- Oracle Fusion Mobile Sales
- Oracle CRM On Demand Connected Mobile Sales
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Mobile Inventory Management
- Oracle iReciepts for Oracle's PeopleSoft Expenses
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Expenses
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Mobile Field Service Applications
- Oracle Hyperion Performance Management
- Oracle Financial Management Analytics
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1754815
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1754812
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: applications, oracle products, oracle, mobile, oracle application development framework, ADF, fusion, Internet, Digital Media Software, Communications, Digital Audio, Web, Smart Phone, PDA, iPods, iphone, iPad, Search, Applications, Security, browser, Google, Sales, Applications, CRM - Customer Relationship Management, Sales & Marketing, Productivity Applications, Security, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Other Applications, Security, Internet Server Applications, IT Management, Management, Sales, Sales, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Financial, Internet Technology, Medical, Business, Other,