|Page (1) of 1 - 07/09/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Is #1 in Application Server Software Market Share According to New Report on Worldwide Application Server Middleware and Application PaaS 2011 Vendor Shares by Leading Analyst Firm(July 09, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/09/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle is #1 in worldwide Application Server Software revenues for 2011 with a 38.3% market share, according to IDC(*).
- With a growth rate of 11.7%, Oracle continues to lead the Application Server Software Platform category in 2011.
- In terms of regions, APAC was the fastest growing region for Oracle, with a growth rate of over 18%, Americas (including LAD) is at 11.0% and EMEA's growth is 9.5%.
- According to the report, Oracle also outranked the competition by achieving over 9 points greater market share than the closest competitor.
- To view a copy of the report, visit http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=235496
- For more information on the report, contact Maureen Fleming at IDC, 508-935-4022.
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Oracle's Cloud Application Foundation
- Oracle WebLogic Server on OTN
- Connect with Oracle WebLogic Server via Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(*) Source: IDC: "Worldwide Application Server Middleware and Application PaaS 2011 Vendor Shares," doc #235496, June 2012
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Hardware, Marketwire, Other,