|Page (1) of 1 - 04/18/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Introduces Oracle User Productivity Kit 11.1 and Oracle User Productivity Kit Professional 11.1New Functionality Expands Content Creation, Broadens Collaboration, and Empowers Reduced Testing Time to Support User Adoption (April 18, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/18/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help customers achieve the highest return on their business application investments, Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle User Productivity Kit 11.1 and Oracle User Productivity Kit Professional 11.1.
- Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) and Oracle UPK Professional are easy-to-use and comprehensive content development, deployment and maintenance platforms designed for increasing project, program and user productivity.
- With a new Record It! Wizard that enables expedited content creation, collaboration and testing capabilities, Oracle UPK Professional 11.1 helps speed user adoption of business applications and enhances knowledge sharing efforts.
- The latest versions of Oracle UPK and Oracle UPK Professional empowers UPK developer users to easily create content in just minutes rather than hours, broaden collaboration among experts and users, and decrease testing time for projects.
Easy-to-Use Features Promote User Adoption and Deliver Value for Enterprise Applications
- New and updated features in Oracle UPK and Oracle UPK Professional 11.1 include:
- Record It! Wizard: Enables seamless knowledge sharing across the enterprise by allowing any UPK developer user to easily and quickly contribute content in minutes without having to learn UPK.
- Test It! Mode: Accelerates the testing cycle by providing simulations that guide users through a test plan and help them document any issues. End users can provide feedback and suggested changes to a subject matter expert if they find an error.
- Content Creation and Editing: Improves knowledge transfer and application testing efficiency with frame-by frame content creation and editing. By recording and editing author notes, instructor notes, and expected results, authors can enhance knowledge transfer efforts.
- Collaboration Enhancements: Empowers users and experts to share and retain knowledge by improving collaboration and accessibility to subject matter experts.
- Oracle UPK and Oracle UPK pre-built content, available for many Oracle Applications, helps customers reduce content development time and easily customize a prebuilt library of transactional recordings to meet their unique business processes.
- In-Application Support Software Development Kit (SDK): Enable browser-based applications with the powerful in-application support capabilities traditionally offered in UPK for Oracle and SAP applications to reduce help desk calls, improve efficiency and support ongoing proficiency with step-by-step context-sensitive help available directly within the application.
- Oracle UPK and UPK Professional customers that are current on maintenance can upgrade to the latest version at no additional charge.
- "Application adoption is one of the most critical obstacles our clients face for any software project or investment," said Frank Dekkers, CEO, SMS implementation engineers. "We strongly recommend Oracle User Productivity Kit and Oracle User Productivity Kit Professional, as it helps our clients retain and share instrumental knowledge, speed adoption and streamline testing to increase the ROI and time-to-value of their applications."
- "Our customers are looking for the ability for users to easily and rapidly create and share content in order to enhance collaboration," said Trish Trolley, senior director, Oracle User Productivity Kit Product Management. "And, now we've been able to help facilitate the testing of software even further for the increasing number of customers who are using Oracle User Productivity Kit and Oracle User Productivity Kit Professional for user acceptance training, quality assurance, and regression testing. The latest, customer-requested updates deliver collaborative functionality and user-friendly features to empower users and speed the adoption and ROI of applications."
- Oracle User Productivity Kit
- Oracle UPK Professional
- Datasheet: What's New in UPK Professional 11.1
- Podcast: What's New in UPK Professional 11.1
- Blog: Oracle User Productivity Kit
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: applications, oracle, UPK, user productivity kit, 11.1, professional, user adoption, content, Applications,Help-Desk,Hardware,Software Development,Methodology,Platforms,Accessibility,Testing,Java,Management,CEO/CFO,Marketwire, ,Computer Science,Business,Other,