|Page (1) of 1 - 07/12/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Introduces Newest Version of Oracle Documaker Enterprise EditionNew Functionality Designed to Enable Faster Time-to-Market for New Products and Improve Ease-of-Use (July 12, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/12/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle Documaker Enterprise Edition 12.1, the leading Enterprise Document Automation (EDA) solution that helps to create, manage and deliver enterprise communications, when and how customers and stakeholders want them.
- With the newest release, companies can create documents more quickly -- with less IT assistance -- through enhanced collaboration features, including:
- Editable text areas in the solution's Work-in-Process workflow, enabling users to efficiently collaborate to create documents, contracts and agreements, while tracking all changes with a full audit trail.
- Enhanced Microsoft Word Add-In functionality that enables users to easily move documents from Oracle Documaker to Microsoft Word and back again, preserving design, formatting and output quality. This capability facilitates document review, within and outside the company, and is especially useful for negotiated documents that involve multiple iterations and parties, many of whom work in Microsoft Word.
- Support for Microsoft Word 2010 and 2007 that gives business users more options to create and design documents.
- To help accelerate time-to-market for new products, Oracle Documaker Enterprise Edition 12.1 features Library Project Management (LPM) that introduces a project management-style library, helping users more easily manage the wealth of documentation associated with the release of a new product -- such as a new insurance offering or new type of bank account. It supports product development best practices, providing role-based task and action prompts -- such as notification to update associated documents -- as a product moves through development, review, testing and regulatory approval.
- Users now have the ability to perform a "Print Preview" on an entire document package, rather than one document at a time. Users can pull documents out of a batch run, preview, edit and approve them without interrupting the print run, helping to speed up production.
- Oracle Documaker Enterprise Edition has achieved Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) certification for conformance with the Rehabilitation Act's Section 508 accessibility standards, which require access for people with disabilities to electronic and information technology provided by the Federal government.
- "Organizations today are constantly seeking to make their business users more efficient and improve their overall operations. The new features in Oracle Documaker Enterprise Edition 12.1 significantly improve ease-of-use for business users, allowing them to collaborate on mission-critical documents more easily and quickly. The application also helps companies get new products to market faster, giving them better ways to manage the extensive documentation that goes along with introducing a new product. Oracle Documaker is the most widely used application of its kind, and we expect these new features to further expand the application's appeal in the market," said Srini Venkatasanthanam, vice president, insurance products, Oracle.
- Oracle Insurance
- Oracle Insurance on Facebook
- Oracle Insurance on Twitter
- Oracle Insurance on LinkedIn
- Oracle Insurance on Diigo
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to insurance, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Applications, Insurance, Business Issues, Hardware, Project Management, Management, Marketwire, IT (Information Technology), Medical, Computer Science, Business, Other,