|Page (1) of 1 - 09/18/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Introduces Mobile Point-of-Service for RetailersOracle Retail Mobile POS Enables Retailers to Improve Customer Experience, Increase Efficiency, and Enhance Service (September 18, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 09/18/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help retailers improve customer service and increase efficiency, Oracle today introduced Oracle Retail Mobile Point-of-Service, a mobile extension to Oracle Retail Point-of-Service (POS) that enables store associates to assist customers and securely complete transactions from anywhere in the store using mobile devices.
- Mobile POS is becoming increasingly more popular among both consumers and retailers as it speeds and simplifies checkout, eliminates lines, reduces costs associated with adding cash registers and helps keep personnel out in the store, talking with customers rather than standing behind a checkout counter.
- For retailers already using Oracle Retail Stores Solutions, Oracle Retail Mobile POS leverages these applications to enable store personnel to check in-store inventory, look up product information, activate gift cards, print or email receipts and suspend transactions for completion at the register.
- Because Oracle Retail Mobile POS is integrated with Oracle Retail Stores Solutions it helps ensure streamlined upgrades and consistent business logic and transaction processes across the entire suite.
- Oracle Retail Mobile POS has a scalable and flexible architecture that allows any combination of fixed and mobile checkout points and supports multiple mobile operating systems and devices, such as Apple iPod touch and VeriFone PAYware Mobile Enterprise, so retailers are not locked in to specific vendors.
- VeriFone is a Gold level member in Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN).
- "Gartner research shows that retailers are extremely interested in mobile POS as a way to transform the check-out experience," said Jeff Roster, Research Vice President, Gartner. "As one of the four transformational forces that Gartner has defined as part of its Nexus of Forces research, mobility, including mobile POS, will be a key area for experimentation and investment for retailers going forward."
- "Oracle Retail Mobile POS provides the flexibility to serve customers on their terms. By providing store associates with a consistent transaction interface and delivering actionable insights at any point of service, we help retailers level the playing field between store associates and digitally enabled customers," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. "Oracle Retail Mobile POS provides an integrated and scalable architecture for retailers to create differentiated customer interactions."
- Data Sheet: Oracle Retail Mobile Point-of-Service
- About Oracle Retail Stores Solutions
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Oracle Retail Mobile Point of Service, POS, Mobile, iPod, VeriFone, register, checkout, Applications, Storage, Computer Technology, Internet, Hardware, Software, Misc, Mobile Devices, iPod/MP3/Digital Media Players, Architecture, Internet Server Applications, E-mail, Web Servers, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Gold, Lifestyle, Internet Technology, Computer Science, Business, Email, Other,