|Page (1) of 1 - 02/28/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Introduces Mobile PPM With Oracle's Primavera P6 Team Member for iPhone and Oracle's Primavera P6 Team Member Web InterfaceNew Project Portfolio Management App for iPhone and Web Application Help Project Teams Connect and Collaborate From Anywhere (February 28, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/28/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To enable effective communication and collaboration between project participants, Oracle today announced Oracle's Primavera P6 Team Member for iPhone and Oracle's Primavera P6 Team Member Web Interface.
- With the introduction of P6 Team Member for iPhone and P6 Team Member Web Interface, Oracle is delivering a new project portfolio management (PPM) app for iPhone and Web application that streamline communications between project team members in the field and in the office.
- The new mobile PPM solutions enable project managers, project controls professionals, PMO's, and members of the project team in the field to easily and accurately capture and share information on project status and tasks from their iPhones and tablet computers.
- By providing the most accurate and recent information directly into project plans, these two new mobile PPM offerings help project managers and investors to make informed decisions so that projects can be completed on time and within budget.
Oracle's Primavera Mobile PPM Features and Details
- By optimizing project communications, P6 Team Member for iPhone and P6 Team Member Web Interface help organizations focus on managing the project delivery and eliminating the time typically required to track down project status updates.
- Available as part of Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Portfolio Project Management (EPPM) 8.2, the P6 Team Member Web Interface is optimized to run on most tablet computers or browsers.
- Both P6 Team Member for iPhone and P6 Team Member Web Interface enable users to update their status directly into Oracle's Primavera P6 EPPM or changes can be staged and approved by the project manager.
- The new releases include an intuitive user interface that improves communication between all project participants and supports informed decision making by providing quick, convenient and easy access to real-time project data.
- Free to current Primavera P6 EPPM users, the new app is available at the App Store while the new Web interface is available as part of standard maintenance.
- Oracle's Primavera P6 Team Member for iPhone and Oracle's Primavera P6 Team Member Web Interface are part of Oracle's comprehensive portfolio of enterprise project portfolio management solutions that help customers manage their entire portfolio lifecycle, from inception to execution and control for investments and projects of all sizes.
- "An accurate view of project status is critical to the success of any project as it helps mitigate project risks and delays," said Mike Sicilia, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle's Primavera Global Business Unit. "By enabling project participants to quickly, easily and conveniently share updates at any time and from anyplace, Oracle's Primavera P6 Team Member for iPhone and Oracle's Primavera P6 Team Member Web Interface fundamentally change the way project participants can share information. The new releases are a significant milestone in our commitment to delivering more useful and appealing solutions for wider group of project participants and an important extension to Oracle's comprehensive portfolio of enterprise project portfolio management solutions."
- Oracle's Primavera
- Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Portfolio Project Management
- Oracle s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Data Sheet
- Primavera P6 EPPM Team Member Interface Data Sheet
- Webcast: What's New in Oracle's Primavera P6 EPPM 8.2
- Download the Oracle's Primavera P6 Team Member for iPhone from the App Store
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: oracle, primavera, mobile, ppm, project portfolio management, project managent, P6, iPhone, iPad, Internet, Digital Media Software, Communications, Digital Audio, Web, iPods, iphone, iPad, Computer Technology, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Mobile Devices, Project Management, Management, Marketwire, , Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Business, Browsers, Other,