|Page (1) of 1 - 05/24/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Honored With TM Forum Industry Leadership Award at Management World 2012Prestigious Communications Industry Awards Honor Leading Companies for Commitment to Industry Transformation Through Innovation (May 24, 2012)
DUBLIN, IRELAND -- (Marketwire) -- 05/24/12 -- TM FORUM'S MANAGEMENT WORLD 2012 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that it has been named a winner of TM Forum's Excellence Awards 2012 in the Industry Leadership category. TM Forum's Excellence Awards, now in its sixth year, is an annual awards program that recognizes global leaders in communications and recognizes contributions that promote industry innovation through the adoption of industry standards.
- TM Forum selected Oracle as this year's Industry Leadership award winner, out of eight nominees in the category, for leading the universal adoption of TM Forum's standards in the communications industry. The company uses TM Forum's standards as it develops products, certifies multiproduct solutions against TM Forum's Frameworx and champions the adoption of TM Forum's principles with its customers and implementation partners.
- Oracle's commitment to industry standards is rooted in its conviction that pre-integrated, productized, Frameworx-certified solutions help service providers increase business agility and deliver a better customer experience at a fraction of the cost of custom-built solutions. More than 500 Oracle professionals contribute actively to 114 standards-setting organizations and 13 communications industry standards bodies including the TM Forum.
- TM Forum announced the winners of the Excellence Awards 2012 at its Management World 2012 conference, held May 21-24 at the Dublin Convention Center in Dublin, Ireland.
TM Forum Excellence Award Details
- TM Forum's Excellence Awards 2012 attract nominations from leading communications service providers, suppliers and systems integrators from around the world, and honor companies that demonstrate commitment to the evolution of the industry through support, adoption and advances in the critical standards that TM Forum delivers through its Collaboration Community.
- This year an independent panel of judges comprised of leading industry and subject matter experts, analysts and investors selected the winners of the following categories: TM Forum Industry Leadership Award, TM Forum Business Innovation Award, and TM Forum Operational Excellence Award.
- "Congratulations to Oracle on winning TM Forum's 2012 Excellence Awards in the Industry Leadership category. This year's contenders once again raised the bar on quality, making the win all the more significant. The outstanding quality and sheer quantity of this year's submissions is a further proof point of the importance of Frameworx to the industry at large. With this fierce competition, the winners can certainly be proud of their commitment, not only to TM Forum but also to our rapidly changing industry," said Nik Willetts, chief strategy officer, TM Forum.
- "Oracle is honored to receive the 2012 TM Forum Excellence Award for Industry Leadership. This recognition underscores our continuous commitment to helping communications service providers innovate and grow their businesses through market-leading software, services and engineered systems. It also highlights our support of industry-wide standards to better enable service providers to meet the growing challenges of our rapidly evolving industry," said Bhaskar Gorti, SVP and General Manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- TM Forum Excellence Awards
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
About TM Forum:
TM Forum is a global, non-profit industry association focused on enabling service provider agility and innovation. As an established thought-leader in service creation, management and delivery, the Forum serves as a unifying force across industries, enabling more than 900 member companies to solve critical business issues through access to a wealth of knowledge, intellectual capital and standards.
The Forum provides a unique, fair and safe environment for the entire value-chain to collaborate and overcome the barriers to a vibrant, open digital economy, helping member companies of all sizes gain a competitive edge by enabling efficiency and agility in their IT and operations. For more information about TM Forum, visit www.tmforum.org.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Applications, Storage, Business Issues, Hardware, Services, Software, Misc, Standards, IT Management, Management, Ireland, Marketwire, , Biology, Business, Other,