|Page (1) of 1 - 07/16/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center to Support Cancer Research UK's Development of Targeted Cancer TherapiesNew Analytics Environment to Deliver Insight Required for Targeted Treatments (July 16, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/16/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To support its vision of beating cancer in the United Kingdom, Cancer Research UK, the world's largest not-for-profit cancer research organization, will be working with Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center as the foundation for a new analytical environment that will help the charity combine the genetic and clinical data from its Stratified Medicine Programme.
- Together with AstraZeneca, Pfizer and the UK government's Technology Strategy Board, Cancer Research UK is working to demonstrate a national service that will provide standardized, high-quality and cost-effective genetic testing of tumors linked to clinical data. This system has already tested two thousand tumors from patients across 24 clinical sites, and set up data capture covering diagnostics, genetics, treatment and outcomes.
- Cancer Research UK will use Cohort Explorer which is part of the Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center to create a flexible, web-accessible analytical platform and interface that enables program affiliates to effectively and rapidly search and retrieve anonymized diagnostic, treatment and outcome data to accelerate research.
- The platform will enable researchers and physicians to gain the insight needed to identify patient populations with similar characteristics and advance personalized cancer treatments.
- "Our new analytical platform, which we are building with Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center, is an exciting addition to the future of our Stratified Medicine Programme and its goal of combining genetic testing of tumors with clinical data capture to determine more effective treatment," said Monica Jones, Enterprise Architect and Informatics Lead, Cancer Research UK's Stratified Medicine Programme.
- "Organizations committed to advancing medical science require powerful analytical solutions to reveal insight that was previously locked away at the molecular level," said Neil de Crescenzo, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Health Sciences. "Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center provides a robust foundation for Cancer Research UK's analytical environment that will enable it to extend genetic testing of tumors and ultimately advance the development of more targeted and effective treatments."
- Oracle in Health Sciences
- Cancer Research UK
- Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center
- Oracle Healthcare Data Warehouse Foundation
- Follow Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Health Sciences Community on Facebook
- Oracle Health Sciences on YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to health sciences, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
About Cancer Research UK
- Cancer Research UK is the world's leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research
- The charity's groundbreaking work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives. This work is funded entirely by the public.
- Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival rates in the UK double in the last forty years.
- Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses.
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK's vision is to beat cancer.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Oracle Health Sciences, Translational Research Center, Cloud, Clinical Trial, Cancer Research, UK, Hardware, Marketwire, Medical, Biology, Genetics, Cancer, Business, Science, england, Other,