|Page (1) of 1 - 07/11/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Helps Videotron Improve Its Security and Streamlines Password Management(July 11, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/11/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To streamline its business processes and improve IT operational efficiency, Videotron, a Canadian integrated communications company, deployed Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Suite Plus across its entire enterprise including remote and mobile users.
- Prior to using Oracle, Videotron's help desk was consumed with at least 20 percent of its call volume related to forgotten passwords, which created significant employee downtime and heightened frustration for both the end user and the help desk administrators.
- Using Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On, a key component of Oracle Identity Management 11g, Videotron's users gained access to all of their authorized applications through a single authentication event with an initial network login and were also provided self-service password management in the case they forgot that one password.
- In just four months, Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On was implemented across more than 75 applications for Videotron's 6,000 users.
- The deployment included all components of the Suite including Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Password Reset, Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Logon Manager and Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Kiosk Manager.
- Within two months of completing its deployment, Videotron realized significant improvement with more than 29,000 passwords authenticated per day by Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On instead of individual, manual entries.
- "We were very concerned with the amount of passwords our employees had to manage and the impact on both our security and productivity," said Alain Lavoie, Information Security Director at Videotron. "The ease of use of Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On allowed us to see results almost immediately with increased end user productivity and decreased help desk costs."
- Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On Suite Plus
- Oracle Identity Management 11g
- Oracle's Strategy for Identity and Access Management
- Gartner 2011 Magic Quadrant for User Administration/Provisioning
- Gartner 2011 Magic Quadrant for Identity and Access Governance
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Applications, Help-Desk, Security, Business Issues, Hardware, Authentication, Authentication, Management, Marketwire, Business, Other,