|Page (1) of 1 - 04/30/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Engineered Systems Power CISDI to Establish Cloud Computing Platform(April 30, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/30/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- CISDI INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD ("CISDI INFO") has selected Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exadata Database Machine for its cloud computing platform. The move is designed to help improve CISDI INFO's capabilities to offer complete solutions for customers, and help it achieve its strategic objective to become the "International Engineered Technology Company and the Engineered Technology Service Provider -- the first choice of steel companies."
- As a fully-owned subsidiary of CISDI Group, CISDI INFO provides leading information solutions, experience and capabilities for the engineering and construction industries and iron and steel customers. CISDI INFO has become a leader in providing construction industry solutions, which help improve management effectiveness and efficiency, on a cloud computing platform.
- The CISDI Cloud Computing Platform is a cost effective information system allowing enterprises to demonstrate and manage their design results on the design service platform. The release of CISDI Cloud Computing Platform is designed to support the rapid growth and development of small design companies in Chongqing and attract more global design organizations to the city.
- With Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exadata Database Machine, CISDI INFO plans to go through three phases in the construction of its cloud computing platform: first, it will relocate its existing database to Oracle systems, establishing the private cloud for CISDI; secondly, it will gradually provide mixed cloud services for its subsidiaries and partners; and finally, it will become an industry public cloud with a more mature environment, more secure technologies and improved methods, providing public cloud services for customers in the engineering construction and steel industries, among others.
- To create the cloud computing platform, CISDI INFO plans to relocate its current production database to Oracle Exadata to create a private cloud environment and leverage Oracle's cloud computing technology and solutions to construct a cloud environment which can fully demonstrate the capabilities of CISDI INFO. After the enterprise information system's management system is in place, all the data will be transferred to Oracle Exalogic and Oracle Exadata, which is designed to provide measurable service improvements for business departments.
- The new cloud computing platform is designed to provide access to the shared computing resources pool in a self-service, dynamic, elastic and measurable way. Its flexible and scalable grid structure can support elastic expansion and sustainable growth, and can bring significant benefits in speed, agility and efficiency. Further, the platform can greatly cut down deployment and maintenance costs.
- Additionally, to facilitate the smooth implementation and release of this project, Oracle will provide CISDI with a technical team, project management support and technical consultation, helping control implementation risks.
- "Based on Oracle Exadata and Oracle Exalogic, the cloud computing platform can help us better support internal information management and provide diversified and customized cloud service solutions for all kinds of ecosystem enterprises," Li Zhiyou, CEO of CISDI INFO, said. "The platform can also help us realize our goal of becoming the 'International Engineered Technology Company and the Engineered Technology Service Provider -- the first choice of steel companies.'"
- "Regardless of whether we construct private clouds, public clouds or mixed clouds, Oracle's engineered systems are the best choice for industry-leading technology," Edwin Lo, Senior Vice President and Managing Director
Oracle Greater China, said. "We are glad to see that Oracle has an opportunity to work with CISDI to establish its cloud computing platform. We can continue to provide powerful business support for more local companies with our innovative products."
- About Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- About Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Oracle's Cloud Application Foundation
- Learn more about Oracle Exalogic Customers
- Learn more about Oracle Exadata Customers
- Connect with Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud on Twitter and Facebook
- Connect with Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
About Oracle Exalogic
Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is a superfast engineered system designed, optimized and certified for running Java, Oracle and non-Oracle business applications with simplified management, open standards compliance and one-stop support. It offers customers the best choice for extreme data center performance, reliability and scalability, and enables a lower total cost of ownership and faster time to market.
About Oracle Exadata
The Oracle Exadata Database Machine is the only database machine that provides extreme performance for both data warehousing and online transaction processing (OLTP) applications, making it the ideal platform for consolidating onto grids or private clouds. It is a complete package of servers, storage, networking, and software that is massively scalable, secure, and redundant. With Oracle Exadata Database Machine, customers can reduce IT costs through consolidation, manage more data on multiple compression tiers, improve performance of all applications, and make better business decisions in real time.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more Information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: customer, customers, business benefits, partners, Oracle, snapshot, video, roi, press release, Applications, Storage, Networking, Database, Business Issues, Hardware, Cloud Computing, Services, Software, Misc, Database, Compression, Standards, Server Hardware, Server Computers, Other, Project Management, Public cloud, Management, CEO/CFO, China, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Networking, Computer Science, Business, china, Other,