|Page (1) of 1 - 07/17/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Demonstrates Strong Growth Across Its Storage PortfolioOracle Optimized Storage Helps Simplify IT, Increase Efficiency and Lower Costs (July 17, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/17/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced strong growth across its Optimized Storage portfolio spanning NAS, SAN and tape.
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances sales have more than doubled over the past year, and have now been purchased by 40 percent of the Global Fortune 100.
- Oracle's Pillar Axiom Storage Systems have seen significant international growth since joining Oracle and have been adopted by more than 100 new customers in over 25 new countries.
- Oracle has shipped over 2 exabytes of media for its StorageTek T10000C Tape Drives since its launch in January 2011, and doubled the capacity shipped in just six months.
- Oracle executives Mark Hurd and John Fowler will discuss Oracle's Optimized Storage Strategy and share new customer testimonials in an online event on July 18. Register here.
- "Oracle's ability to engineer hardware and software together is clearly resonating with our customers who are using Oracle's optimized storage to simplify their data centers and reduce storage related costs," said John Fowler, executive vice president, Systems, Oracle. "The storage optimizations in Exadata Storage Servers are key to delivering significant performance improvements in our engineered systems, while the stunning performance of the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance, the immense consolidation capabilities of the Pillar Axiom, and efficiencies provided by Hybrid Columnar Compression are allowing our customers to dramatically reduce the amount of storage they buy and the amount they spend to buy it."
- "Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances have exceeded our every expectation, increasing our hosted ERP core application performance by over 35 percent across the board and providing us with a level of flexibility and analytics that allow us to be much more agile than ever before," said Skip Khasky, president, iDataWorks. "The Sun ZFS Storage Appliance has allowed us to consolidate our fibre channel block-level storage and our NAS appliance into one unified system, while significantly increasing performance and decreasing costs over our previous SAN and NetApp filer solution. Our bottom line is happy, our engineers are happy, and most importantly our customers are happy."
- Oracle Optimized Storage
- Register to attend the Oracle Optimized Storage Online Event on July 18
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance
- Oracle's Pillar Axiom Storage Systems
- Oracle's StorageTek Tape
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Servers and Storage Systems, Sun , Oracle, Sales, Sales & Marketing, Storage, Business Issues, Hardware, Software, Misc, Compression, Sales, Sales, Marketwire, Appliances, Engineering, Other,