|Page (1) of 1 - 06/16/10||email article||print page|
Oracle Delivers NetBeans IDE 6.9: Expanding Support for JavaFX 1.3 and OSGiEnables Rapid Development and Interoperability of Rich Internet Applications for Mobile, Desktop and Web Environments (June 16, 2010)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/16/10 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Reaffirming its commitment to the open source and NetBeans developer community, Oracle today announced availability of NetBeans Integrated Development Environment (IDE) 6.9.
- NetBeans IDE 6.9 introduces JavaFX Composer, a visual editor and layout tool for building JavaFX applications.
- With JavaFX Composer, organizations can quickly build, visually edit, and debug Rich Internet Applications (RIA) and bind components to various data sources, including databases and Web services.
- NetBeans IDE 6.9 also offers OSGi interoperability, enabling developers to easily create OSGi bundles for applications based on the NetBeans Platform.
Accelerated JavaFX Application Development and Enhanced Operational Efficiency
- NetBeans IDE 6.9 enables developers to rapidly create web, enterprise, desktop, and mobile applications using the Java platform, JavaFX and scripting languages.
- NetBeans IDE 6.9 is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Oracle Solaris.
- NetBeans IDE 6.9 provides improved editing and development capabilities, including:
- Improved Java language editing with more than 80 new "hints," to enhance developer productivity.
- Additional support for Java Enterprise Edition 6, including Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI) and JSR-299.
- New JavaFX Composer enables visual editing of form-based user interfaces.
- Enhanced JavaFX script editing and refactoring.
- Support for CSS code completion, find usages, and renaming capabilities for HTML and CSS.
- The ability to quickly code, test, and deploy OSGi bundles using Maven and Felix.
- Bundled Felix container with the ability to deploy other containers, such as Equinox.
- Support for the Spring 3.0 framework; PHP Zend framework, as well as better PHP formatting and code completion; Ruby on Rails 3.0 and specification of which gems the IDE should reference.
- "NetBeans 6.9 continues the tradition of providing the best open source IDE for Java application developers," said Ted Farrell, chief architect and senior vice president, Tools and Middleware, Oracle. "This is the first NetBeans release under Oracle's stewardship, and we have continued to focus on the visual tooling capabilities within the IDE. We believe that the ease-of-use and developer productivity provided by NetBeans is key in helping developers of any skill level take advantage of all of the great Java technologies."
- NetBeans IDE
- NetBeans Documentation and Resources
- NetBeans Community Portal
- Oracle Webcast on Java Development Tools
- Oracle Development Tools
- Oracle Java Development Tools FAQ
- Oracle JavaFX 1.3
- Oracle Open Source
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This document is for informational purposes only and may not be incorporated into a contract or agreement.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Applications, Productivity Applications, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Other Applications, Open Source, Internet Server Applications, Unix, Mac, Linux, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, Internet Technology, Business, Internet, Other,