|Page (1) of 1 - 01/25/11||email article||print page|
Oracle Delivers Enhanced Oracle WebCenter Suite 11gConverged Platform Provides Modern User Experience (January 25, 2011)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/25/11 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced significant enhancements to Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g, a component of Oracle Fusion Middleware.
- The updates incorporate best-of-breed capabilities from Oracle's entire portfolio of portal products and provide customers with a comprehensive, modern user experience platform for the enterprise and the Web.
- Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g enables organizations to develop and deploy internal and external portals and websites, composite applications, mashups, and social and collaboration services all tightly integrated with enterprise applications.
- Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g extends the value of technology investments by enabling the addition of social computing capabilities to existing portals, while helping organizations enhance Oracle Applications, leverage Oracle Content Management and easily assemble composite applications through Oracle's common user experience architecture, as well as a broad set of reusable, standards-based components.
- In addition, the latest version of Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g engages business users through improved collaboration capabilities, increased personalization features, and better information discovery and access within the context of business processes.
- With the convergence of Oracle's best-of-breed functionality -- from the industry's fastest and most scalable portal runtime to a broad set of social computing services -- Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g helps organizations increase efficiency and productivity with:
- Expanded support for branded and community targeted sites;
- Improved mobility with an iPhone application that provides access to content and status within Oracle WebCenter Spaces;
- Contextual discovery and navigation of enterprise information via Business Activity Streams;
- Increased collaboration capabilities with voice and web conferencing, IM, presence and expertise discovery;
- Enhanced customization and personalization capabilities for business users, who can easily create mashups to address business requirements;
- Desktop integration with common word processing, spreadsheet and email applications;
- Full support for the Content Management Interoperability Standard (CMIS) to enable use of content from multiple repositories and across multiple systems;
- A broad choice of tools for developers, including an extensive catalog of reusable components.
- "By bringing together the best features from our entire portfolio of Enterprise 2.0 products and providing pre-integration with business applications, Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g delivers a modern user experience platform that is ideal for the information-driven workplace," said Andy MacMillan, vice president, Product Management, Oracle. "Applications, information and contacts are integrated in a single screen, which makes it faster and easier for people to get their jobs done regardless of where they are in the world."
- "Oracle WebCenter Suite enables Land O' Lakes to better engage our customers by providing them with a feature rich user experience with access to our back office applications and systems," said Tony Taylor, Sr. Director Technology Services, Land O' Lakes. "This new release of Oracle WebCenter Suite will help us continue to enrich that customer experience while providing a highly scalable and reliable technology platform for key customer facing web-based applications."
- Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g
- Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g Launch Site
- Webcast: New Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g -- The Platform for the Modern User Experience
- Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g Datasheet
- Oracle WebCenter Suite 11g Whitepaper
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: oracle, WebCenter Suite, WebCenter, 11g, Portal, user experience platform, convergence, Applications, Productivity Applications, Internet, Hardware, Software Development, Other Applications, Architecture, Internet Server Applications, E-mail, Tools, Management, Marketwire, IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Business, Web-Based Applications, Email, Other,