|Page (1) of 1 - 02/28/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Communications Proves Ability to Manage Massive Volume of Network SessionsPerformance Test of Oracle Communications Converged Application Server Running on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Demonstrates Extreme Performance Required to Roll Out 4G and Next-Generation Services (February 28, 2012)
BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/28/12 -- MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS-- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today released the results of a performance test demonstrating that Oracle Communications Converged Application Server running on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, and using the Oracle Enterprise Linux operating system, can deliver exceptional performance for communications service providers (CSPs) looking to efficiently provide next-generation voice, video and data services over internet protocol (IP)-based networks.
- In this performance test, Oracle measured the session initiation protocol (SIP) processing performance of Oracle Communications Converged Application Server by executing a SIP scenario based on a 13 message back-to-back user agent (B2BUA) -- the standard industry SIP call-controlling component that maintains complete call state and controls call set up, management and termination.
- Oracle Communications Converged Application Server running on an eight-node Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud X2-2 quarter rack achieved peak capacity of approximately 180 million busy hour call attempts (BHCA). Busy hour call attempts is a standard industry measurement used to evaluate the capacity of telephone networks.(1)
- Oracle Communications Converged Application Server running in high availability mode, with full state replication, achieved a peak capacity of approximately 62 million BHCA.
- This performance test demonstrates that Oracle's offerings can meet the most stringent requirements from CSPs. For example, by running in high availability mode, and achieving 62 million BHCA, only three instances of Oracle Communications Converged Application Server running on Oracle Exalogic could handle the nearly three billion phone calls made in the United States every day.
- "Service providers are rapidly deploying LTE, which is based on 4G next-generation wireless standards, and a plethora of next-generation services that are designed to support billions of machine-to-machine (M2M) devices. With these advanced wireless broadband technology deployments, service providers need to ensure their underlying infrastructure can scale dramatically," said Ari Banerjee, senior analyst, Heavy Reading. "With this performance test, Oracle has demonstrated that its SIP application server is well positioned to handle these challenging market demands."
- "Oracle Communications Converged Application Server running on Oracle Exalogic enables communications service providers to handle growing mobile network capacity demands and deliver traditional and new services to customers. These performance results demonstrate our commitment to developing engineered systems that stand head and shoulders above competitive offerings to meet and exceed our customers' current and future needs," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Converged Application Server
- Oracle Communications Converged Applications Performance Test White Paper
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Applications,Storage,Internet,Business Issues,Hardware,Services,Software,Misc,Networks,Standards,Internet Server Applications,Web Servers,IT Management,Management,USA,Spain,Marketwire, ,Internet Technology,Business,Internet,Other,