|Page (1) of 1 - 03/22/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Announces the Certification of the Oracle Database on Oracle Linux 6 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6(March 22, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/22/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (R2) and Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Release 1 (R1) are immediately available on Oracle Linux 6 with the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel.
- Oracle Database 11g R2 and Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g R1 will be available on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL6) and Oracle Linux 6 with the Red Hat Compatible Kernel in 90 days.
- Oracle offers direct Linux support to customers running RHEL6, Oracle Linux 6, or a combination of both.
- Oracle Linux will continue to maintain compatibility with Red Hat Linux.
- Effective immediately, Oracle will provide its Red Hat compatible Linux binaries, updates and errata for free http://public-yum.oracle.com. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
The Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel
- The Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel is Oracle's fast, modern, reliable Linux kernel that is optimized for Oracle software and hardware.
- Oracle Linux 6 with the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel is optimized for running Oracle products.
- "The Oracle Database and Oracle Fusion Middleware product availability we are announcing today is the result of stringent certification testing on Oracle Linux 6 with the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel," said Wim Coekaerts, senior vice president of Linux and Virtualization Engineering, Oracle. "We look forward to completing certification testing with Oracle Linux 6 with the Red Hat Compatible Kernel."
- Oracle and Linux
- Oracle Linux Customers
- Wim Coekaerts Blog
- Oracle Linux Online Forum, March 27th
- New Innovations in Oracle Linux Webcast
- Visit Oracle Linux on Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Database, Hardware, Other, Unix, Linux, Marketwire, , Other,