|Page (1) of 1 - 11/02/09||email article||print page|
Oracle Announces Oracle iReceipts(R) App Now Available From App StoreOracle iReceipts App for iPhone and iPod touch Integrates With Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Expenses to Conveniently Manage Expenses Anytime, Anywhere (November 02, 2009)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/02/09 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help users automate expense reporting for cash transactions, Oracle has introduced the Oracle iReceipts® App and integrated it with Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Expenses.
- Oracle iReceipts allows employees to capture cash transactions on the iPhone and iPod touch as they occur, then easily submit these transactions to Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Expenses.
- Oracle iReceipts allows users to capture receipt images with the iPhone Camera rather than having to deal with several paper receipts. The images are then processed as normal within the PeopleSoft Expenses solution. The app can also automatically tag transactions with a user's location using location based features.
- This solution will be available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/ for Oracle customers currently running Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Expenses Release 9.0 and the soon to be released version 9.1.
- With the Oracle iReceipts App users can leverage the innovative Multi Touch user interface of the iPhone and iPod touch to:
- Conveniently manage cash transactions anytime, anywhere.
- Increase user productivity by pre-populating expense line items with user defined preferences.
- Promptly submit cash receipt line items through seamless integration to Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Expenses.
- Receive real-time status updates of submitted cash transaction line items to iPhone or iPod touch.
- "The concept of using mobile technology would increase efficiency around expense automation. In theory you could see fewer lost receipts and more timely filing of expense reports," said John E. Van Decker, Research Vice President, Gartner. "A solution that helps keep employees organized on the road could lead to greater productivity."
- "Oracle iReceipts is an exciting app. Leveraging the revolutionary iPhone to simplify the whole process of reporting expenses will increase employees' productivity and data accuracy," said Susan Davies, chief operating officer, Ataway. "We are delighted to see that Oracle is leading the charge on automation of expense reporting. We strongly believe that our customers will see huge benefits to implementing this app."
- "I was impressed with how easy it was to create an expense item and photograph the receipt without having ever seen the application or used an iPhone," said Dorann Mullins, lead, applications systems analyst, University of Central Florida. "It is a very quick and simple way to take care of expense items as they occur!"
- "Oracle iReceipts takes mobile expenses to the next level, no more pen and paper on the road to keep track of cash spending. The app has great usability, look and feel and has very nice features to simplify the user data entry," said Suresh Ghanta, PSCIT - Global Applications Delivery, Perot Systems. "I love the fact that this can be used along with the wallet functionality without any major reimplementation."
- "For organizations that have employees who travel frequently or work remotely, it can be extremely time-consuming to scan receipts for cash transactions and email or copy and mail them to a central accounts payable office as a part of expense reporting. And, it can be even more time consuming for the accounts payable staff to manually enter those receipts into an ERP system," said Paco Aubrejuan, Oracle's vice president and general manager of PeopleSoft. "The Oracle iReceipts App allows Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise Expenses users to scan receipts and populate cash transactions from their iPhone or iPod touch while they're on-the-go, increasing productivity and improving accuracy."
- Oracle iReceipts
- Datasheet: Oracle iReceipts
- Podcast: Oracle iReceipts
- Oracle Financials Product Marketing Blog
- Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise Expenses
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's largest business software company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
THIS DOCUMENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND MAY NOT BE INCORPORATED INTO A CONTRACT OR AGREEMENT.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1102870
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1102878
Youtube Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1102876
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: iPhone, App Store, iPod touch, Oracle, PeopleSoft, expenses, receipts, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Internet, Business Issues, Internet Server Applications, E-mail, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Business, Outdoor Sports, Email, Other,