|Page (1) of 1 - 07/18/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Announces Java Embedded @ JavaOne 2012(July 18, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/18/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced registration is open for the new Java Embedded @ JavaOne event, October 3-4 at the Hotel Nikko in San Francisco.
- The Java Embedded @ JavaOne program brings together thought leaders from across the embedded systems industry to provide business and technical decision makers, as well as Java embedded ecosystem partners, a unique occasion to come together and learn about how they can use Java Embedded technologies for new business opportunities.
- The conference will feature dedicated business-focused content from Oracle discussing how Java Embedded delivers a secure, optimized environment ideal for multiple network-based devices, as well as meaningful industry-focused sessions from peers who are already successfully utilizing Java Embedded.
- Java Embedded @ JavaOne will feature keynotes from Judson Althoff, senior vice president, Worldwide Alliances and Channels and Embedded Sales, Oracle and Hasan Rizvi, senior vice president of Oracle Fusion Middleware and Java Products, who will cover the business value of Oracle's Java Embedded solutions along with ties to Oracle Cloud for backend analytics and storage.
- Co-located with the flagship JavaOne conference, Java Embedded @ JavaOne features business-focused sessions on Consumer Products, Healthcare, Home Automation, Industry Controls and Factory Automation, Machine to Machine (M2M), Media & TV, Payment, Retail, Smart Energy and Utilities.
- The Java Embedded @ JavaOne event sessions will address the challenges now facing the rapidly growing and evolving embedded computing systems market, and how Java as a trusted development platform is ideally-suited to embedded systems, where security and reliability are paramount.
- This event allows decision makers to attend the Java Embedded @ JavaOne business-focused program, while their IT/development staff can attend the technically-focused JavaOne conference.
- JavaOne 2012 will take place September 30 - October 4, 2012 in the Zone at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square, Hotel Nikko, Parc 55 Wyndham and the Taylor Street Café.
Java Facts and Figures
- 97% of enterprise desktops run Java
- 1 billion Java downloads each year
- 9 million developers worldwide
- More than 3 billion devices are powered by Java technology
- 80% of mobile developers target the Java platform
- More than 125 million Java-based TV devices have been deployed.
- Over 8 billion Java Card units have been shipped since its introduction
- "Enterprises across all verticals are embracing embedded technologies to decrease operational costs and increase value to their customers by delivering new M2M based solutions. At Java Embedded @ JavaOne, C-level executives, architects, business leaders and decision makers from around the globe will come together to learn how Java Embedded technologies and solutions offer compelling value and a clear path forward to business efficiency and agility," said Henrik Stahl, senior director of product management, Java Platform Group, Oracle.
- JavaOne on Twitter
- Java on Twitter
- I love Java on Facebook
- JavaOne on Facebook
- JavaOne on LinkedIn
- Oracle OpenWorld
The JavaOne conference brings together Java experts and enthusiasts for an extraordinary week of learning and networking focused entirely on all things Java. With more than 400 sessions covering topics that span the breadth of the Java universe, keynotes from foremost Java visionaries, and expert-led hands-on learning opportunities, JavaOne is the world's most important event for the Java community.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Sales, Sales & Marketing, Storage, Security, Networking, Hardware, Services, Software, Misc, Security, Management, Sales, Sales, Marketwire, Television, Business, Other,