|Page (1) of 1 - 04/04/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Announces General Availability of Oracle Endeca Information DiscoveryFirst Enterprise Data Discovery Platform Lets Business Users Rapidly Explore and Analyze Structured and Unstructured Data From Internal and External Data Sources (April 04, 2012)
TOKYO and REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/04/12 -- Oracle OpenWorld -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced the general availability of Oracle Endeca Information Discovery.
- Evolved from Endeca Latitude and Endeca MDEX, Oracle Endeca Information Discovery is an enterprise information discovery solution for the exploration and analysis of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data from diverse sources, including data warehouses, transaction systems, blogs, social media, sensor data and Big Data within the enterprise and beyond the firewall.
- Built on Oracle Endeca Server (formerly Endeca MDEX), the offering automatically organizes and derives a model based on the data presented. This enables rapid deployment and evolution by providing an iterative "model-as-you-go" approach that frees IT from the burdens of traditional data modeling.
- Endeca Information Discovery presents a consumer ease of use and is the only analytics technology with a user experience born out of consumer e-commerce. Its intuitive discovery interface combines search, faceted browsing and interactive analytics that enables untrained business users to explore and visualize vast amounts of internal and external data.
- Customers today are using this category-leading solution for a wide range of data discovery applications that include warranty analysis, insurance claims analysis, criminal intelligence and social media sentiment analysis.
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery complements the trusted analysis of known data sources delivered by Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation, by enabling fast exploration of new or unanticipated questions. Endeca Information Discovery can leverage the metrics and models of Oracle BI Foundation and existing data warehouses together with other unstructured and structured data sources.
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery and Oracle Endeca Server are both certified to run on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine and are key components of Oracle's extensive range of Business Analytics products and solutions that are designed to help customers make smarter, faster decisions.
- "Exploding volumes of data, untapped value in unstructured data, and an increasingly unpredictable and dynamic business environment ensure that data discovery will be an essential capability alongside classic business intelligence and data warehousing," said Gaurav Rewari, vice president of EPM and BI product development, Oracle. "Oracle Endeca Information Discovery is the enterprise category leader that provides immediate and significant added value to our customers."
- News Release: Oracle Business Analytics Strategy
- News Release: Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (22.214.171.124)
- News Release: New analytic applications for SAP
- News Release: Two new Oracle Business Intelligence Applications
- About Oracle Enterprise Performance Management and Business Intelligence
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery
- Data Sheet: Oracle Endeca Information Discovery
- Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Connect with Oracle Business Intelligence via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
- Link to Oracle Business Analytics Launch webcast
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Applications, Insurance, Hardware, Management, Marketwire, , Biology, Business, Other,