|Page (1) of 1 - 02/02/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Announces General Availability of Oracle Communications Network Integrity 7.1New Release Helps Network Operators Reduce Network and Operational Costs Through Improved Data Accuracy (February 02, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/02/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced the general availability of Oracle Communications Network Integrity 7.1 to enable network operators to synchronize and maintain accurate, up to date information in their network inventory systems.
- Increased network data accuracy is a prerequisite for network operators to significantly reduce network capital and operational costs, as well as improve service fulfillment and assurance process efficiency.
- Release 7.1 provides several new capabilities, including:
- Reference Integrations: Pre-integrated support for Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution -- as well as pre-existing integration with Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management. These integrations reduce implementation time and cost, and enable existing Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution customers to more easily deploy Oracle Communications Network Integrity 7.1 to improve the accuracy of their network data.
- Assimilation: New circuit and service assimilation and discrepancy detection capabilities for channelized technologies -- such as optical -- to enable network operators to identify and recover stranded network assets and capacity as well as reduce leased capacity costs.
- Rigorous Support for Industry Protocol Standards: This release supports the Telcordia-standard Transaction Language 1 (TL1) interface to enable discovery across a broad set of network elements. It also supports the TMF-814 interface standard, which was used to formally certify the Oracle application interoperability with Huawei's U2000 Network Management System, demonstrating how supporting such standards can reduce the risk, time and cost of delivering integrated solutions.
- Oracle Communications Network Integrity is a modular component within Oracle's holistic solution for Network Resource Management, which enables network operators to plan, build, optimize and manage their communications networks. It may be deployed in an integrated manner with Oracle or third-party inventory platforms.
- "Inaccurate network inventory data is a long-standing and growing problem for network operators resulting in elevated costs and inefficient operations that often impact end customers. Network operators are increasingly seeking solutions such as Oracle Communications Network Integrity which, together with improved internal processes, can materially reduce network related costs and deliver significant operational efficiencies," said Mark Mortensen, principal analyst, Analysys Mason.
- "As demand for network capacity continues to escalate, network operators must be able to efficiently discover the assets and capacity in their network, determine current utilization and enable more efficient asset utilization. In providing additional productized integration, assimilation capabilities and enhanced discovery protocol support, Oracle Communications Network Integrity 7.1 helps network operators more easily achieve these goals by leveraging their existing network inventory investments and avoiding a costly, lengthy and high risk network inventory transformation program," said Liam Maxwell, vice president, products, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Network Integrity
- Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management
- Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution
- Oracle Communications Network Resource Management
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Applications, Storage, Business Issues, Hardware, Software, Misc, Networks, Standards, IT Management, Management, Marketwire, , Business, Other,