|Page (1) of 1 - 04/24/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Announces General Availability of Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution 6.2.1New Release Enables Operational Efficiencies and Delivers Enhanced Integration (April 24, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/24/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced the general availability of Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution 6.2.1, which delivers several key enhancements including virtual network connection design, work management, internal automation and external integration.
- Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution provides communications service providers (CSPs) with a packaged, pre-integrated OSS solution that supports retail and engineering ordering (including support for U.S. regulated ordering standards), service and network inventory, work management and trouble management for both current and next-generation services and technologies.
- This latest release helps CSPs:
- Configure networks more cost-effectively -- by reducing the time and effort required for virtual connection design through enhanced support for traffic grooming of virtual network connections. The solution also provides the ability to order virtual connections on an internal engineering work order for consistent and unified ordering, as well as increased flexibility in virtual connection design supporting multiple soft connections and the partial redesign of virtual connections
- Increase operational efficiency -- via streamlined workflow management for expedited orders; support for dynamic task creation to accommodate changes to in-flight orders; new capabilities to further automate the provisioning process in both circuit design and assignment as well as the automated generation of circuit identification information
- Improve network data integrity -- via productized integration with Oracle Communications Network Integrity for network discovery, assimilation and reconciliation, ensuring the accuracy of network data and reductions in order fallout
- Consistent with other Oracle Communications applications, Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution has been certified on a technical platform, which includes Oracle Solaris and Oracle Linux operating systems, Oracle WebLogic Server as the application server and the Oracle Database.
- Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution may be deployed on a stand-alone basis or integrated with complementary applications as part of broader solutions including Oracle Communications Network Resource Management and Oracle Communications Converged Fulfillment for Business Services.
- "XO Communications uses Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution as our primary provisioning platform for new product and service rollouts including fast growing IP/Ethernet services. The new capabilities and increased automation included in this release will help us be more efficient in defining and delivering services to our business and wholesale customers," said Steve Taff, vice president, IT network systems, XO Communications.
- "Iowa Network Services has long championed the need for enhanced virtual connection management. The innovations added to Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution should save hours of design time relative to Ethernet network grooms. I expect the benefits of these and other enhancements -- including adding virtual connection capabilities to the engineering work order and providing tools to more easily manage and maintain our fastest growing products -- to be significant," said Patrick Vaughan, engineering manager, Iowa Network Services.
- "We continue to work closely with our customers to identify how they can optimize, innovate and thrive in the communications industry. This product release delivers new product capabilities and strategic integrations that enable them to rapidly deploy new services, automate order delivery and simplify network engineering processes," said Liam Maxwell, vice president, products, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution
- Oracle Communications Network Integrity
- Oracle Communications Network Resource Management
- Oracle Communications Converged Fulfillment for Business Services
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
- Oracle Applications Users Group - MetaSolv Solution Special Interest Group
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Applications, Storage, Computer Technology, Business Issues, Hardware, Services, Software, Misc, Networks, Mobile Devices, Handheld, IT Management, Management, USA, Marketwire, , Computer Science, Business, Other,