|Page (1) of 1 - 10/24/11||email article||print page|
Oracle Announces Availability of Oracle NoSQL DatabasePart of Oracle's Big Data Portfolio, Oracle NoSQL Database Offers NoSQL Technology With Enterprise Grade Support (October 24, 2011)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/24/11 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- A key offering in Oracle's portfolio of Big Data products, Oracle NoSQL Database, is available for download off the Oracle Technology Network today.
- Oracle NoSQL Database enables customers to easily manage massive amounts of data with dynamic schemas such as web log data, sensor and smart meter data, data gathered for personalization, and data maintained by social networks.
- With a simple key-value data model, the highly-available and scalable Oracle NoSQL Database facilitates efficient storage of data in a simple, flexible format, and is ideally suited for rapid development and deployment of applications.
- Many current NoSQL offerings make writing applications difficult by providing only "eventual consistency," where multiple copies of data are "eventually" updated. This leaves the responsibility for generating code to handle consistency with the application developer. In contrast, Oracle NoSQL Database manages consistency and offers developers configurable consistency options to meet different application needs.
- Leveraging Oracle's expertise in enterprise data management and backed by Oracle's leading enterprise support, Oracle NoSQL Database is also easier to install, configure and manage than many competitive solutions.
- In addition, Oracle will also deliver a new engineered system, the Oracle Big Data Appliance, that is an optimized platform for running the Oracle NoSQL Database and Oracle's other Big Data offerings. The Oracle Big Data Appliance will ship in Q1 CY2012.
- With the announcement of Oracle NoSQL Database and complementary Big Data offerings, Oracle is the only vendor to provide an end-to-end value chain for acquiring, organizing and analyzing Big Data. This enables customers to maximize the value of Big Data within their enterprise.
Faster, More Efficient Storage of Dynamic, High-Volume Data
- Key benefits of Oracle NoSQL Database include:
- Commercial-Grade Software and Support: Oracle NoSQL Database is fast, scalable, reliable, and easy to install and configure. Backed by Oracle Support, Oracle NoSQL Database also offers customers a single point of contact for trouble-shooting issues and maintaining continuous availability of critical database instances.
- Scalable throughput and bounded latency: Oracle NoSQL Database scales almost linearly, providing customers with reliable, high performance under a wide range of workloads and use cases.
- Simple Programming and Operational Model: Simple major + sub key and value data paradigm and more relaxed support of ACID transactions provides extreme flexibility of programming for large datasets in horizontally scaled environments.
- Easy Management: With a Web-based console and accessible APIs, Oracle NoSQL Database is easy to manage. The offering automatically manages and monitors topology, load balancing, performance, events and alerts.
- "Oracle NoSQL Database is a key component of Oracle's Big Data strategy," said Andrew Mendelsohn, senior vice president, Oracle. "As customers look to manage the huge explosion in data from new and evolving sources, such as Web, sensors, social networks, and mobile applications, Oracle is helping them unlock the value of this data by providing a highly-available, reliable and scalable NoSQL database environment."
- About Oracle Big Data
- About Oracle NoSQL Database
- Oracle NoSQL Database Data Sheet
- Oracle NoSQL Database White Paper
- Press Release: Oracle Unveils the Oracle Big Data Appliance
- Follow Oracle NoSQL Database on Twitter
- Download a free evaluation version of Oracle NoSQL Database. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Applications,Storage,Database,Internet,Hardware,Services,Software,Misc,Database,Networks,Data Management,Other,Internet Server Applications,Management,Marketwire, ,Internet Technology,Other,