|Page (1) of 1 - 02/27/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Announces Availability of Oracle Exalytics In-Memory MachineFirst Engineered System for In-Memory Decision Support, Online Analytical Processing, Forecasting and Planning (February 27, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, the industry's first high-speed engineered system featuring in-memory business intelligence (BI) software and hardware to deliver extreme performance for analytic and performance management applications.
- Oracle today also announced availability of a new release of Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite that features 87 new product capabilities and enhancements including new visualizations, contextual interactions, performance and scale improvements, optimizations for Oracle Exalytics, and simplification for end users, developers and administrators.
- With Oracle Exalytics, organizations can deliver custom and packaged analytic and performance management applications that run faster, are easier to use, and support more users than ever before. The engineered system enables customers to complement their dashboard and reporting projects with scenario modeling, planning and forecasting all running in a single environment.
- To provide ultimate performance and scalability with reduced deployment complexity and lower Total Cost of Ownership, Oracle Exalytics is architected as an engineered system featuring the industry-leading Oracle BI Foundation Suite and Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database for Exalytics enhanced for an Oracle server designed for in-memory analytics.
- With interactive real-time analysis enabled by Oracle Exalytics, organizations can maximize profitability, increase revenues and market share, and react more quickly to changing business conditions.
Breakthrough Innovations Deliver Optimized In-Memory Analytics
- A complete, high-performance engineered system, Oracle Exalytics features Oracle's Sun Fire server with 1 Terabyte of RAM, powered by the Intel Xeon processor E7-4800 with a total of 40 processing cores, 40 Gb/s InfiniBand and 10 Gb/s Ethernet connectivity, and Integrated Lights Out Management.
- Oracle BI Foundation includes an extensive set of new capabilities in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition and Oracle Essbase for parallel performance and in-memory analytics that deliver to users real-time speed-of-thought visual analysis with sub-second responsiveness.
- Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database for Exalytics is a new release of the industry-leading in-memory RDBMS specifically designed for analytics.
- With new support for OLAP grouping sets, built-in analytic functions, and columnar compression, Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database for Exalytics delivers instantaneous response over large data sets.
- Oracle Exalytics simplifies management with an innovation called heuristic adaptive in-memory caching that calculates what data is best stored in-memory for overall best performance, and adapts to changing workloads. Unlike other appliances or in-memory tools, Oracle Exalytics does not constrain applications only to data that fits in-memory, but also leverages connected databases, data warehouses and OLAP sources.
- Benchmarking and customer testing of Oracle Exalytics demonstrates relational OLAP (ROLAP) reporting and dashboard performance gains of 10x to 100x, and multidimensional OLAP (MOLAP) modeling performance increases of up to 79x.
Fastest Performance for Over 80 Oracle BI and EPM Applications
- Eighty-plus Oracle BI and Oracle Hyperion performance management applications are available today for organizations to use in conjunction with Oracle Exalytics without application changes. These include:
- All horizontal and industry-focused Oracle BI Applications such as Oracle Financial Analytics, Oracle Human Resources Analytics, Oracle Sales Analytics, and Oracle Procurement and Spend Analytics, among others; and,
- Oracle Hyperion Planning for planning and forecasting using more detailed data and scaling to support larger numbers of users with reduced plan cycle time and greater plan accuracy.
- Oracle BI Foundation Suite includes built-in mobile support for iPad and iPhone. As part of an Oracle Exalytics solution, on-the-go mobile analysis scales to support many thousands of concurrent users with interactive responsiveness.
Open System Supports Oracle and Third-Party Enterprise Data Sources
- An open solution, Oracle Exalytics is suited for use in heterogeneous IT environments, and can access and analyze data from Oracle or third-party relational, OLAP or other data sources including IBM DB2, IBM Netezza, Microsoft SQL Server and Analysis Services, SAP Business Information Warehouse (BW), Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE), and Teradata Warehouse, among others, in any combination.
- Oracle Exalytics integrates with and complements Oracle Exadata Database Machine via 40 Gb/s InfiniBand connection and software enhancements to deliver unparalleled query performance and sub-second interactive visualization across very large data sets.
- "One of the real advantages of Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine is of course the speed," said John Anker Moeller, Senior Vice President, Nykredit. "Oracle Exalytics will give us around 35x to 70x faster reports."
- What Partners are Saying about Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- About Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- About Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite
- About Oracle Business Intelligence Applications
- About Oracle Hyperion Performance Management Applications
- About Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database for Exalytics
- About Oracle x86 servers
- About Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- View Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine screen shots
- Follow Oracle Business Intelligence via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Sales, Applications, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Database, Hardware, Other, Business Intelligence, Management, Human Resources, Sales, Human Resources, Sales, Marketwire, , Apple Computer, Financial, Appliances, Business, Other,