|Page (1) of 1 - 01/10/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Announces Availability of Oracle Big Data ApplianceNew Engineered System and Oracle Big Data Connectors Help Unlock the Value of Enterprise Big Data (January 10, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/10/12 -- ORACLE (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle Big Data Appliance to help customers derive maximum business value from Big Data.
- Oracle Big Data Appliance is an engineered system of hardware and software that incorporates Cloudera's Distribution Including Apache Hadoop with Cloudera Manager, plus an open source distribution of R.
- Running on Oracle Linux, the system also features Oracle NoSQL Database Community Edition and Oracle HotSpot Java Virtual Machine.
- Oracle today also announced the availability of Oracle Big Data Connectors, a software product that helps customers easily integrate data stored in Hadoop and Oracle NoSQL Database with Oracle Database 11g.
- Together with Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, Oracle Big Data Appliance with the Oracle Big Data Connectors software delivers everything customers require to acquire, organize and to analyze Big Data within the context of all their enterprise data.
Engineered System Addresses Big Data Requirements
- Designed to simplify implementation and management of Big Data projects, Oracle Big Data Appliance comes in a full rack configuration of 18 Oracle Sun servers with a total of:
- 864 GB main memory;
- 216 CPU cores;
- 648 TB of raw disk storage;
- 40 Gb/s InfiniBand connectivity between nodes and other Oracle engineered systems; and,
- 10 Gb/s Ethernet data center connectivity.
- This new engineered system scales by connecting multiple racks together via an InfiniBand network enabling it to acquire, organize and analyze extreme data volumes.
- Oracle Big Data Appliance features Cloudera's Distribution Including Apache Hadoop (CDH), the most comprehensive, tested, stable and widely deployed distribution of Hadoop in commercial and non-commercial environments. (See today's related announcement).
- Also included is Cloudera Manager, the industry's first end-to-end management application for Apache Hadoop.
- Previously released, Oracle NoSQL Database is a distributed key-value database designed to manage massive amounts of data. It scales horizontally to hundreds of nodes with high availability. It delivers predictable levels of throughput and latency, while requiring minimal administration. Oracle Big Data Appliance can run both Oracle NoSQL Database Community and Enterprise Editions.
- Oracle Big Data Appliance is architected to help customers:
- Rapidly provision a highly-available and scalable system for managing massive amounts of data;
- Deliver a high performance platform for organizing, processing and analyzing Big Data in Hadoop and using R on raw data sources; and,
- Control IT costs by pre-integrating all hardware and software components into a single Big Data solution that complements enterprise data warehouses.
Optimizing Big Data Integration with Enterprise Data Warehouses
- Oracle Big Data Connectors software is available for use with both Oracle Big Data Appliance and other Apache Hadoop-based systems. The bundle includes:
- Oracle Loader for Hadoop which uses MapReduce processing to load data efficiently into Oracle Database 11g;
- Oracle Data Integrator Application Adapter for Hadoop which enables Oracle Data Integrator to generate Hadoop MapReduce programs through an easy-to-use graphical interface;
- Oracle Connector R which gives R users native, high performance access to Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and MapReduce programming framework; and,
- Oracle Direct Connector for Hadoop Distributed File System (ODCH), which enables the Oracle Database SQL engine to access data seamlessly from the Hadoop Distributed File System.
- Oracle Big Data Connectors and Oracle NoSQL Database are available as standalone software products independent of Oracle Big Data Appliance.
- "Oracle Big Data Appliance, in conjunction with Oracle Exadata, Oracle Exalytics and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, offers the broadest, most integrated product portfolio to help customers acquire and organize diverse data types, and then analyze them alongside existing enterprise data to discover new insights and make the most informed decisions," said Cetin Ozbutun, vice president, Data Warehousing Technologies, Oracle.
- About Oracle Big Data Appliance
- About Oracle NoSQL Database
- About Cloudera's Distribution Including Apache Hadoop
- About Cloudera Manager
- About Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- About Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- About Oracle Data Integration
- About Oracle Database 11g
- Connect with Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Cloudera, Cloudera CDH, and Cloudera Manager are registered and unregistered trademarks of Cloudera, Inc. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Database, Business Issues, Hardware, Other, Management, Marketwire, Inc., , Business, Other,